Possible Giveaway Prizes

Powerhouse would be sweet!!

Roav would be amazing!!!

So what seem to be happening is I own nearly all the Anker products i want/need and Iā€™m now giving most of what I win away. I did want a Soundcore Nano for my traveling small portable size situation, but pretty much anything else I just hand to a family/friend/charity. The items which Iā€™d quite like to have to keep but I donā€™t own are the high cost items like the Powerhouse2

I mean, I have Powercore+ Mini, Powercore Mini (won, due in the month, probably end up a gift to someone), Powercore Slim, Powercore 10000, Powercore 26800 (won), Powercore 20000 QC3 (won, gifted out), Powerport2, Powerport5, Powerport5-USBC, the 2port car charger 24W and the ā€œliteā€ 12W, lots of cables. Soundcore XL (won, gifted), Soundcore Mini (bought, gifted), Soundcore Nano (won).

I won the Lumos which is being used in the house. If I won some more lights Iā€™d likely keep them in the house.

1 Like

Any updates on doing a big giveaway?

Power line

I would vote for:
Roav
Powerhouse
Lumos light

Youā€™re an admin! Are you ever going to have a PowerHouse or Roav giveaway?!

What was the Powerhouse1?

I think the iPhone 7 giveaway was a huge hit! You should do more of those (with phones) and then also include your accessories.
Iā€™d also love to see the PowerDrive Speed 2 on sale! (just because I really want to buy it, but itā€™s $25, which seems like a stretch).

I would never buy the Powerhouse. I has gross design failures.

The Powerhouse1 had a display difference of I think It only showed %.

The Powerhouse2 seems electrically the same but gave an hour estimate.

The big problem is its a $300+ product which easily becomes an expensive paperweight if one of the many cells fails. It would have to sell for a lot lower price than even the $330 price.

Personally, I purely recommend you reduce your need to match a collection of Anker Powercore 10000.

1 Like

If they did, I think it would be very limited numbers (less than 5, if that) and the odds of winning with the external forum rush would, wellā€¦a lottery ticket could have slightly better odds :grin:

1 Like

Weā€™ve actually had PowerHouse giveaway before. Nothing planned for Roav so far, but itā€™s possible as it gets more popular.

The Powerhouse2 is 434Wh, from teardowns its made up of 36 18650 cells

In bulk the 18650 is $4/cell so the cell cost is $144.

So even at $330 reduced price, Anker is asking around $186 to pay for the packing, electronics. This is a product which is more than double the cost of the cell cost, for the box and electronics including the 120W inverter. An inverter of 200W with 4 USB ports is $24.

Contrast with say the Powercore 26800 which is made up of 8 cells so its cell cost is $32. I got mine in the 50% discount offer for $30.

So even at $330, the Powerhouse2 is well above the lowest price it is capable of being sold at given its raw costs.

I expect there is a better Powerhouse in the works, I expect it would be made up of Lithium Polymer and be greater than 120W. What would be excellent if it had serviceable trays of parallel cells which if one failed you could pull and replace with a guarantee of the serviceable parts being available for say 3 years at a fee post the free replacement under warranty.

I am still of the view one should shrink your needs to overlap DC devices so you do not have the power losses of multiple inverters. You already have the step-up inside the Anker products from 3.7V to 5V / whatever, to have the step-up to 110V AC and then the AC/DC step-down to a typical 12V-19V of say a laptop is plain dumb expensive when it comes to portable needs because it all adds up to a lot of weight. The efficiency of DC-DC converters is usually upto 96%, the DC-AC converter is usually 90%-95% so youā€™re losing energy just by making AC. Then the AC-DC converter of the device (laptop say) is doing well to be 75% efficient so to make a portable powerbank with AC output is causing a lot of that very expensive $330 Powerhouse to be discarded as heat.

For that expensive air heater, you are lugging something 4.2Kg so that is 103Wh/Kg. Contrast with say the Powercore 26800 which is 100Wh and 0.5Kg so 200Wh/Kg so is half the weight per unit of energy.

Currently my most powerful device Iā€™d need to survive off is my Pixel C, it is 3A 5C input and most $20-$30 Anker products suffice.

The cost of a powerful tablet which has a USB DC input is about the same cost as the Powerhouse2 and so youā€™d be better off spending money on a device which can be recharged off $30 Powercore. Then youā€™d have a lighter more compact device (tablets are smaller) and lug a much lighter external recharger. You could use some of that saved money and saved weight to pack a good size solar panel and use it to recharge your devices then potentially you could become portable off-grid for months.

I do own UPS for my AC-input devices, but these cost a lot less than the Powerhouse and have a lot more energy storage, they are not portable but by definition if you want portable you want portable everything including the devices.

So in summary, youā€™re paying more than double the price, more than double the weight, for less effective energy to your device, in a ā€œportableā€ package, with a product is non-serviceable with many parts of which any one of the parts fail will cause the product to fail. Way to go!

I wouldnā€™t mind more SoundBud giveaways, could use a pair for work

Itā€™s been a while since this was originally posted and new products have been released. Here is my updated list (maybe others can also name a few things theyā€™d like to see in a near future giveaway.

-Eufy Homevac
-PowerHouse
-Multiport chargers (wall/desktop)

Wow, thatā€™s big budget hahaā€¦

1 Like