Poll - would you buy a Portable charger with no USB Type A port?

It’s the Bolder for me too, and the Boost speaker.

Oops, I totally forgot about my Bolder. I guess I have 9 micro-USB devices. Ugh.

I’d buy a powercore that only used USB PD but I’d also but the hybrid. The way the question is phrased makes it seem like wanting the hybrid means you don’t want the USB-PD only one

A typical USB network consists of a host that is often a PC and peripherals such as a printer, smartphone or camera. Data streams in both directions but the power is unidirectional and always flows from the host to the device McDVOICE

I mean, how many battery packs do most people use??

Most people on this forum are tech forward, so a lot (if not most) have multiple powerbanks.

Your average consumer would just have one, and would use it until it died.

Think of it like this. If you had to choose one, which would use choose?

1 Like

Without getting up from my chair, I can reach 2 power banks. And there are 2 more in this bedroom/office. 1 on the coffee table in the living room. 1 in the console table by the front door. 2 in my backpack. And my wife has at least 2. That’s 10. We use like 5 of them at least once a week, and 7 of the 10 are Anker batteries. We just moved, so we cleaned up a lot (discard or donate), which is why we are down to 10.

A week ago, before this, it was only 9.

That’s so mean. It’s like asking which of your children do you love best?

1 Like

I love the kid with USBC output ports only :joy:

I guess if I had to choose I’d stick with the hybrid just in case. I have an iphone anyway and my lightning cable is usb-A