[POLL] Anker wireless Powercore - 2020 need?

It would be a Bundle Anker PowerWi (Wireless Charger) + GaN PD 65W Charger +USB-C to USB-C cable for charging, this would be around $140 to start with and discounts to $99 at the best!

absolutely… while sleeping at night, if you are On-Call and your phone is about to die and you trying to put the charging cable can be a nightmare… have experienced it, so keep a wireless charging stand :wink:

1 Like

It would make the most sense if portable charger had lower wireless charging output as then less energy is wasted. So say if 45W out wired, 10W out wireless.

You’d then either wired for a full recharge or wireless for slower top up.

So wireless 45W wastes 11W , 10W wastes 2.5W. For a phone with typical 15Wh and a 60Wh Powercore you’re loosing about one full phone recharge offering the fastest wireless charging.

My maths is sloppy I can do it more accurate if it matters.

I asked the question but the discussion and the results don’t match. I think the consensus is we’d like an option but not be mandatory, i.e. add wireless to existing wired, assuming small downside such as not significantly added cost/weight/bulk? We’d want it in a slab shape with non slippery top.

Yes. I agree to that consensus.

I didn’t vote because I wasn’t sure how to vote. I want wireless (so NOT option 1?), but I also want cable (so NOT option 2?).

1 Like

Ahh my bad, I see now I asked the wrong question. I don’t see point in closing the poll to ask a different question, we’ll let Anker read this. Closing the poll however as its invalid question.

Now go on Anker go make it, I’ll take a free sample for my efforts :pray:

Thanks for the smackdown. Ouch! I got the name wrong and the pricing way off. Although … I meant the price during one of those crazy sales where the sale price is <50% of the retail price. Like this one crazy sale for example:

Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD - normally $41.99 or $39.99 - on sale for $29.99 - after coupon $13.99
I’m still kicking myself for only buying 1 at this price.

1 Like

Would totally love all wireless charging. I have a nice semi-vert Anker wireless charge for my office, but at home would be nice as well to ditch the cords. Lets make it happen.

1 Like

I would go full wireless, but not for a few years. The technology isn’t here yet.

I have seen wireless charging capable powerbank with suction cups to hold the phone… Example :point_down:

3 Likes

Looks crazy weird but workable.
They might make it less easy to slip in and out of a bag/pocket though.

1 Like

Doesn’t suction cups make it thicker? From what I see from the comments in this thread, wireless is a nice-to-have and we want few downsides. I think the coil can be made into the case so not thicker and not heavier, and the outer layer non-slippy. Cost should be small too. Cannot be high wattage as then heat and inefficiency grows.

As to possible performance, products with larger batteries, wired in, wireless in/out

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_matepad_pro_5g-10100.php

So that’s a hint of what is affordably reliable deliverable

• 40W in this case, well that’s similar to the 45W in of the current Powercore 26800 PD
  • wireless in 27W so about half as fast as wired. I’m not sure of a need for this, more likely is pass-thru, so Powercore recharging while it can output wireless. A bit like the Fusion?
  • wireless out 7.5W so good for top-up, trickle to put down phone and get some charging but wired still the fastest.

We’d buy that?

1 Like

I think that will be a good starting point.

1 Like

But but but … it’s a Huawei … :laughing: :crazy_face:

Like @Ice1 said, the specs are a good starting point. 40W (wired) and 27W (wireless) are nice. I haven’t bought into the wireless out feature yet because I always have 1-2 Anker batteries around, but I can see how it might appeal to some.

1 Like

My phone doesn’t support this feature and I just don’t want to upgrade yet unless the current phone is unusable. Even when I upgrade, hope there will be fast wireless charging available at an affordable price tag, otherwise a big NO.

Loss of efficiency and added bulk are non-starters for me in terms of on-the-go charging. But I guess we could have no choice if we enter an age of portless phones.

I’d rather keep the usb c. Wireless charging still has a long way to come to be as efficient as wired. I cant see it competing with the super rapid charge of the new galaxy devices.

Wired will always be more efficient and powerful than wireless. That’s because wired is flow of electrons which are charged particles and so can be guided by a voltage potential, while wireless is photons which are electrically neutral so scatter more widely.

But wireless has now got good enough, low enough cost, powerful enough, that many now are perfectly fine with wireless, usually charger by the bed and one at regular place of work.

I suspect portless phones will arise, not necessarily as a good idea, but just to get attention, a “because we can” reason.

I suspect Anker can add wireless, albeit low power like a 7.5W, to a Powercore 20000 with few negatives (weight, size, cost) and so you can leave house without the cable and turn the 20000 into your portable wireless charger. That added cost, you’d think would be a bad idea, but if it saves buying even just one less wireless charger, people will conclude net saving. No cable means no cable to fail. I suspect the net weight and cost of wired vs wireless is a wash.

Around the same time, if Soundcore was wirelessly recharged, you’d then have a completely wireless system which would last a few days.

So a person would have a high power, cabled to wall, wireless charger say at home, and a low power, portable charger, wireless in their bag.

So I can an inevitability. Accepting this is just discussions and so easily false.