Photography Contest: Give it Your Best Shot

Cool! Nice video review!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like this photo and your idea!

1 Like

Title: Anker PowerCore+ 26800 and Anker GoPro Battery for HERO4
Intro: Recharging before the journey home from Honeymoon, GoPro Battery is in the honest :wink: Best PowerCore, fast charge and massive capacity

4 Likes

great !!! :slight_smile:

wow!! I like this photo!!! :heart_eyes:

Wow, congratulation on your wedding!:grinning:

2 Likes

My sister has the same collection, nice pic.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to see more people to participate in the photo contest!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Not a lot of photos being posted, I am assuming it’s because there are no prizes to receive so I hope no one minds if I add another
Title: Moonlight delight

5 Likes

Not many people own decent cameras Im guessing. lol

3 Likes

I am just using my phone and some creativity. My good camera is 35mm film

What kind of film setup you have? Film is still my go to when I shoot pictures especially of family get togethers. I love that vintage look. Do you process your own film as well??

I have a Canon EOS 650 , not top of the line but still a huge investment at the time, $1500 including lenses. apparently the lenses I own will work with a new Canon digital body. No I don’t process. Back in the 90’s my wife used to work at Japan Camera which was a one hour photo shop. She bought the camera and lenses from a supplier of the store and we used to get all the developing for free. We just paid for the paper. We shot about 3000 photos over 2 year period. When she left the store the hobby got a bit stale for a while. When our son was born so was digital and we wanted to be able to take lots of digital pictures. I couldn’t get $100 in trade for my EOS . I am sure glad I kept it.

1 Like

Ohhh nice setup. $100 :joy: You are better off keeping that tank it will more than likely outlast any digital camera made today. Yeah from what I can see they are the same mount for today Canon EOS cameras. Pretty cool! Sounds like the free prints alone paid for that camera :wink:

1 Like

The pixels exist in phone cameras but one can’t control the lens to the required, plus you typically need a tripod to prevent blurring. Anker made it easier in this ask by preferring large aperture exposures so narrow the depth so it is a shorter exposure so less chance of shaking caused blurriness, but then also basically needs manual focal point control.

1 Like

I used shallow depth of field settings on my camera app for my first two photos and manually controlled the focal point, you can see where on my second picture my focal point was not centered very well as it was very bright outside and hard to see it on my phone :camera: before shooting. I rarely use auto settings on my phone or any other camera and refuse to use digital zoom. I always control the exposure and speed myself because my smartphone is not smart enough to know what I am going to do with my camera. my phone camera is not great but pretty darn good and handy.

Outdoor pictures are normally taken at a high enough shutter speed to not have problem with a smartphone.

For indoor photos and videos I made a tripod for my phone using rare earth magnets and the plate from my magnetic car mount is permanently stuck to my phone to control the shaking. All of my photos photos posted were shot with a tripod and the last one was shot with a 1/20 shutter at 500 ISO without flash, in greyscale to create an "on the moon " effect of my red speaker.

p.s I am just a self taught amateur and even though I really wanted to run my photos through my photo editing app I resisted as per Anker officials recommendations.

1 Like

Great photo!!!

1 Like

We have 3 tied so far. All beautiful pictures as well! I’m not that creative when it comes to pictures so Ill keep myself out of it :pensive: lmao

This photo is amazing!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning: How did you use the artificial light sources?

But you can try! We promise to be non-judgmental. :wink:

1 Like