Outdoor Projector Screens?

As I plan to purchase the Mars II shortly, I just wanted to find out what users are using for outdoor screens. I ended up getting a Vamvo 120" Screen last week. Thing is awesome for $120 roughly (lightning sale happened earlier today for $85). I will try getting some photos up of it soon, but was wondering what others are using if anything.

1 Like

I have used a white sheet in the past. But once I move, i plan on getting a more permanent screen for outdoor use and i was thinking this giant inflatable screen would work great as we can set it up on the pond the new house has and then i can install some outdoor speakers to offer up full surround

1 Like

so the only issues I have with the inflatable ones are:

1. Space (the amount in which they take up)
  2. Tear down time (inflatables are usually a PITA to deflate and roll back up)
  3. Screen wrinkles. If you look at the amazon photo with the pink flamingo it shows a lot of wrinkles
  4. How loud is the blower, and now you need a power source regardless of where you go.

For what its worth, I went with this.

1 Like

I would paint a wall white with some matte white paint.

1 Like

Theres already outdoor power a the pond so I wouldn’t have to worry about that. It would stay inflated for the most part until winter, I would have it floating on the pond. The wrinkles would go away once the air expanded and heated up. Take down wouldn’t be a problem as I have a air chambered pump that deflates relatively fast.

We have inflatable kayaks so setup and takedown would be similar to those I assume

2 Likes

For those with small children and a big yard, buy a bouncy castle and a screen big enough cover the side of the castle :smiley:

1 Like

All “pop up” screens will have their draw backs. The Vamvo will have fabric creases, will get dirty and lose it’s whiteness, has to be taut or you get waves. The Holiday Styling requires power…or a good set of lungs to inflate :wink: , gets creases, can pop! :scream: , and seams a bit of a pain to get the screen in just right into the inflated frame. However, all and all, you have to remember you are trying to watch movies, tv, what have you, outside, and that alone is just fun! Whatever works for you works, and just know it’s not going to be “perfect”! Unless you’re going more permanent like this :open_mouth: Heck, my last apartment for 3 years I projected 110inch on my wall and the thermostat, most times I didn’t see it, other times I thought “that’s a weird place for a thermostat…oh wait” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And ask your kids to stop jumping, otherwise you can’t read the subs :wink:

4 Likes