One Plus Phone Owners! We need your help!

Calling all Anker fans with a OnePlus phone,

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could have more charging tech from Anker?

We have an idea, but we’re on the fence about it, and would like you to help!

If you’re a OnePlus Phone Owner, take this survey so we can learn more and make our products better for you! You might even get a chance to be interviewed for a short 15 minutes! If you do, you’ll get a free product after the interview!

We can’t wait to see how many of you are out there, thanks for participating!

• The Anker Research Team
4 Likes

@professor this is all you my friend

2 Likes

Would have been interested to see if the survey was for iPhones :rofl:

1 Like

Good luck to all OnePlus owners

Cool! I still have my OnePlus 5–love that thing. Still nothing with it!

1 Like

So I like the Dash charge as it is rapid and keeps the phone cool while charging and concurrently used.

But I don’t like the proprietary nature.

Personally I’d prefer if either:

• One Plus moved to PD, or
  • Anker merged in Dash with IQ3.

What I don’t want is a Oneplus specific port or charger.

I am also getting increasingly less into Oneplus as a concept as they are less value for money.

Typed on a Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4 which supports 18W PD :slight_smile: and cost me $300, money I saved and spending in a week in Nova Scotia.

Huawei did such a good job they released the M6.

1 Like

Samsung for some reason stick with 9v and 1.67 nah (I think?) For fast charge, but why not 2.4 I don’t know… I don’t understand enough to know!

OnePlus and Google/pixl insist on own branded stuff and very specific specs. This means you NEED them to get better stuff to get multiple/spare chargers, or their own brand wireless.

Anker is already selling out to apple, I suspect they’ll try to capture OnePlus audience also, and then Google related, then back to apple… All the time ignore regular Android users.

See when being tied to a brand they can charge more, and make bigger profits.

They don’t realise the normal android crew are big spenders too and like to accessorise also. They also want fast charging, and quality goods, but don’t need to be so fixed… Meaning more.competution n smaller profits, as price has to drop to be competitive… Not ankers goal.

Would be interesting if Anker did a Dash Charger (sorry fast charger ) with gan technology

1 Like

Google and Oneplus are Android. Did I misread you?

But I agree I don’t like proprietary anything. I am currently traveling across USA, Canada and UK and every little difference is a different cable, charger, which adds weight and cost. TBH my Oneplus spends most of its time in AN Anker 5V 2A port as I simply can’t be bothered with yet another special charger.

More current usually means more power loss and voltage drop across the cable, so by bumping up the voltage they can deliver the same power at lower current or more power at certain currents as opposed to low voltage profiles.

Yes I know, but I was seperating them from regular Android phones that don’t need approved chargers etc.

1 Like

If you bump up voltage you simply move power loss from cable to the phone step-down electronics.

I prefer a warm cable than a warm phone, it makes the phone faster while charging.

What I don’t see a legitimate argument for is other than PD as it supports the high amperage 5V which would do what Dash does.

One other important fact is if I am out for more than a few hours I am always with a Powercore anyway so I don’t really need fast charging for a phone. Where is need higher Wattage is my largest tablet. My 10.8" tablet barely recharges at 18W while used.

So what I’m saying is Dash, for a phone, does not need to exist, it solves a faux problem of someone goes for hours between wall sockets and carries their wall charger only. Why would an intelligent person do that when a Powercore of comparable size to the Dash charger holds about 2 phone recharges.

My EDC is either the original Slim 5000, or the Powercore II 6700 or the Powercore PD 10000, depending on if pockets or bag.

2 Likes

I’m an idiot–I meant to say “Still nothing wrong with it” :expressionless:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You can edit your posts. Click the pencil looking iconScreenshot_20190903_095829

2 Likes

Just purchased a OnePlus 7 Pro (5G). I absolutely love it! Battery Life isn’t the best, but it’s so quick and smooth like butter.

I am dying because I can’t find a Warp Charger (5V,6A) that doesn’t cost $50 from OnePlus.

@AnkerOfficial please contact me and let’s make this happen! HUGE market!

Proactively connect a slim Powercore when it’s convenient then recharge the Powercore when convenient.

For example if you get a Powercore 10000 PD Slim and a 18W Powerport then the 10000 will likely last 2 days and it recharges in 3.5hr.

I thought it came with a warp charger?

Oh yes it does!

One for the bedroom, I’ll need one for the office and one for the living room. Maybe the car charger too :grimacing:

You could check offerup or eBay for used bundles of them :man_shrugging: