Old styled earphones

I need some help from you “young folks”.new

I can’t use those new inear-earphones with these “plugs”.
Using those, I get pains of pressure in my ears.
So I normally use those old fashioned ones like
“Sennheiser MX 365 Earphones”.
NO PLUGS!

But meanwhile the quality of these are bad.

Sennheiser, in the elder days, was a high-tech German producer
of microphones and earphones. But those were the old times.:disappointed:

Does anybody here have an idea what I can use instead of?

My very!!! Old IPOD (1. Generation) has no bluetooth.
And as I’m a retired old engineer (68) I don’t want to buy a new one.
Works fine and all my old fashioned songs are stored there.

2 Likes

I have and still use my Senheiser hd210 over the ear headphones, I use these for movies and music when I’m at home. Love them to death…actually I killed a pair or two over the years from the cord getting all kinked up, but other than that they were great

“Over the head earphones” I don’t like too.
I would like to purchase those like the MX 365.
But unfortunately the quality of those MX 365 is too bad,
though the price is affordable.

https://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-Ear-Micro-Kopfhoerer-ergonomisch-blue-blau/dp/B004ZLV0GS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1515522567&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+MX+365

Would the Apple Earpods work? They do not seal to your ear canal.

Take a look at the Creative Aurvana Air earbuds, they have a hook to help keep them in place but they have great reviews and they are traditional earbuds unlike IEM . They have decent bass and great vocal clarity from my research

Nice idea. I never tried those.
They have a really strange shape.
So I’m uncertain if these might fit.
Old man as I am, has to think about.
Thanks for this proposal!

I know Creative! I had earphones of this brand time ago.
These were fine. may be I can find these at AMAZON Germany.

1 Like

I too, have trouble with earplug. They tend to give me a bad earache after a little time of use. But, as you suggested, the Apple AirPods have not done this. I love my Apple AirPods. I can use it for hours without any discomfort. So I do highly recommend them. But when I want to use the traditional earphones, I have the Sennheiser MM400. I’ve had those for years and only use it when I’m home. I prefer the AirPods for when I’m out and about, that way I can just wear the left side and still hear what’s going on around me.

It could be normal that it doesn’t fit. Apple says that it fits for 80% of the people. So maybe you are one of these people. Also they are Bluetooth what wouldn’t fit to your IPOD 1.

Do you have a set budget?

I have only tried the Apple headphones, Anker Soundbuds Slim Wireless Headphones, and Zolo Liberty.

I like the Zolo Liberty, but maybe you won’t like it that much.

"Liberty are truly wireless, with two finely-tuned earpieces offering unrestrained listening and unprecedented convenience. "

Could be 50 Euros: The Sennheiser I bought were about 15 Euros.
But the left earphone gave up after 1/2 year, though I haven’t used it often.

The best over head headphones I’ve ever had were Sony. Good bass (old raver at heart)band clear sound, but not as loud as could be… Could be why I’m now at 48 n been wearing hearing aids for 5 years… Hehehehehe

(Sorry, delete this but if need be)… My last pair of BT over head headphones came from Amazon for about £30 (approx $50)

Luckily, when I had my ears pinned back (I didn’t want to have sticky out ears as an adult, had enough as a kid) I found I was able to wear in-ear headphones.

Was chatting to a friend as he has a few over head style headphones and I think he is a bit of a Sony fan as his 2 recommendations were Sony either XB950 or XB450.

I’m sure there are a few audiophiles on here that will maybe give you a few other options.

1 Like

I got now the ANKER verve earbuds with cable.
If I get used to the plugs these are really fine. :wink:
Sometimes I got a kind of pains in my old ears when using this type of earbuds, though I use fitting plugs.

Too old for modernisations could be.

Regarding the cable of the earbuds (ANKER!!! cable) those earbuds might last for a certain time. I hope so.:slight_smile:

A friend n audiophile many years ago told me, if you can’t afford a decent pair of speakers, buy a half decent pair of over-ear headphones!

1 Like