Ok Elmo I checked and Didn’t see this question. What’s the Fast Charging A they are talking about here?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072152BWQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ&psc=1

I think they are talking about using QC 3.0 from USB-A end and outputting it to USB-C end. So theoretically it can do 15 watt or over. Someone can actually use a usb meter and see what’s the max output wattage.

1 Like

I agree with Kumar, most likely its just a simple nod to the fact that cable is able to handle higher currents (i.e. fast charging compatible). A lot of cables are not really rated that high, so saying its a fast charging cable can help to separate from the field of junk cables.

I just started laughing like crazy!!! Why do you have to check with elmo to see if question has been posted before? :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

That’s life! :grin:

I think he reposted something that elmo merged with previous post. Happens to all of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Long story. It’s a running joke.

1 Like

So what’s the difference between that and this? The original is for power, this is for Data?? USB Type C Cable, Anker Powerline+ USB C to USB 3.0 Cable (3ft), High Durability, for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8, S8+, S9, iPad Pro 2018, MacBook, Sony XZ, LG V20 G5 G6, HTC 10, Xiaomi 5 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GN0M6NE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1pUACb0HZY2BP

They both look virtually the same, but the plastic housing inside of the high durability connector looks blue and shaped differently. Think the second one is Ankers “strengthened warranty replacement” model? My last warranty cable replacement came with strengthened connections, basically a improved cable with same p/n.

A private message would have been better :rolling_eyes:

5 Likes

I wish this was a UK feature?

See highlight

Well the cable from the first link is USB-C to USB 2.0 and the cable from the second link is USB-C to USB 3.0 which translates to faster file transfer speeds.
This is what it says on the Amazon description about USB 3.0 “Super speed Syncing Transfer data to and from all your USB devices at speeds of up to 5 Gbps”

No you don’t lol they often lie Bout quality and don’t come with any warrenty

I was not asking him directly, he kept showing me things that I had posted in a hurry, had already been posted. So I made sure to search for this topic and since I didn’t find it, I posted it with a joke.

1 Like

Based on the thread title it seems like a direct question…tagging @elmo41683 into the original post with a wink or the like after the question would have made it seem more like an open question with a ‘long running’ joke jab…IMO

1 Like

True but I hadn’t thought of that :confused:

I am sorry to have pointed that out. I didn’t know there was something underlying there. I’m pretty sure it was just good clean fun just meant as a joke.

@Chris_Renshaw my friend your a spaz for posting your title like that :confused: humor or not it was taken the wrong way by many, as you can see by the comments.

As for your question, it’s as @kumar.sachin and @Monk3e mentioned it’s about the ability if the cable to allow higher current to fast charge your device. This particular cable uses a 56k pull up resistor to help achieve a faster charge

My understanding of the usb styles are…

Usb-a … Big standard original usb and is the largest.
Usb-c … The newest and and potentially the fastest
Micro-usb … The smallest and stuck in middle ground
Printer usb … Used in most printers, not sure it’s proper name.
Lightning, it’s not a usb standard, but is often on a usb lead, and is often a combo with a/c/micro
Usb3 … Used in some portable hard drives.

Not sure if any others.

All capable of various speeds. Although the quickest seems to be usb-c to usb-c.

Sorry it was funny at the time. Anyway. Ok. I found an Anker C-C with PD cable, ordered that. But thanks for the info. Neither site has much explanation