Now On Kickstarter! | Nebula Cosmos and Cosmos Max

I have to say this looks sweet.

1 Like

Honestly disagree. $1600 isn’t that much for a good TV, and the amazing speaker system that comes built in.

1 Like

Then comes the debate tv vs projector and honestly when you got that good tv or projector would you settle for the built in 10w speaker?

1 Like

It has 4x 10w speakers…

100% not.
I’m a surround junkie, inherited from my previous job.
If it doesn’t consist of a dedicated amp, loads of speakers, a sub and painfully expensive cables it isn’t gonna cut it.

Very amateur thing to say. Two basic principles for you to learn.

1. Expensive does not mean better
  2. Technologies, come and go, and technology’s change

Just because something is expensive, doesn’t make it better then another more inexpensive option.

Also, having to have huge, expensive, wired surround sound systems is old fashioned. This new technology of 3D sound, along with multiple (in this case 4) drivers can simulate, and often even be better then a surround sound system.

Take a look at the HomePod. Overall it’s a pretty mediocre speaker. The one thing it does have is the ability to adapt itself to the environment, and create an amazing even, balanced stereoscopic sound quickly.

Similar technologies could be integrated into this projector. This allows you to not have to set it up in specific environments to get amazing results.

Who knows what nebulas planning on as far as the specifics go. My main point is that you don’t need to have those big bulky surround systems to get great results anymore.

2 Likes

Hey @TechMan
Nice :+1:t2:
When you put in front of me a single point sound source that can produce cinema better than my current 9.1 set up (or even a basic 5.1) I will accept your point.
Single point sound, whatever you do with the speaker arrangement, just doesn’t cut it.
When low-mid end cinema amplifier sales started to decline the manufacturers needed to re capture the market.
They convinced the market single point easy to connect sound equipment (mainly in the form of sound bars) was the way forward. Since then they have been laughing all the way to the bank.
Single point sound sources are convenient, that’s pretty much their only benefit.

You should go to best buy and see if they have the Alexa studio set up to try. You would understand then.

I’ve read a little about this.
Looks like a convenient all in one solution.
Seems the release date is 7th Nov here in the UK.
I’m tempted to pre order a couple on Amazon for testing, nothing better than trialing audio equipment in your own home.
I’m hoping the new sub speaker is better than the one in the Echo Sub, that was an awful excuse for a speaker.

Don‘t Boy this product! I received it Herd one week Abo in Germany. It has so many issues and i was happy to see that there is a new firmware uptdate today. The third this week. The other uptdates went well but after the new update the beamer Does Not work any more. No mistake from me, i did the Same as the Last times. = Not much i did. Not touch the Remote Control during the update prozess, so i did. Not disturbed or interrupted the update. After the update the Max tried to start again but it does not work any more. Tries to start some crypted sign on the screen for a few seconds and after that the Max shut down and start again. Then the same happens again and again. Is there a reset button? Please watch the Video: Nebula Cosmos after the firmware update

Wow that looks pretty bad, contact support asap

@dirk8 as mentioned already by @ikari04warrior reach out to support@seenebula.com or PM them on Kickstarter regarding your issues.

1 Like