No credit for "visiting the community"

This has probably come up before, but does anyone know what is considered a “Visit the Community” in regards to the bucks/points? Length of time on the site, areas clicked through, etc? I showed that I received 5 bucks on days that I visited the same type of thing (at least per my history), yet no bucks were awarded one day, and the next day they are. I went through 3 different articles/areas on the site, nothing. Visit the home page and someone it happens.

Correct, there is a problem.

There is a possible reason for some people.

It’s done on a 24 hour UTC basis meaning depending on time you may have done all your visits in one UTC day even if in local time they were different days.

It does explain …

UTC is not far off UK time so say you in USA visited 5pm PST on a Monday and then 9am PST on a Tuesday, you’d count these as separate days, but these both would be UTC a Tuesday (1am, 5pm) and so count as one day hence one visit not two visits under UTC.

That may be the reason for some people who visit infrequently.

But there is for sure something amiss, agree. I’ve checked and I seem to get my 5 points every other day.

Bucks

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve had that happen too where I have posts for a day but no points for visiting. Never really paid too much attention until you mentioned it. Definitely kind of annoying in my opinion but oh well

2 Likes

Ohh no wonder. I keep forgetting that even if it’s been 24 hrs, it’s still same day based on UTC time

I seem to get those points every 2 days

2 Likes

Is this what they use to show how many days people visit the community in the users list because if so I will never reach a full year of visiting

1 Like

I do wonder where all the points and bucks we’re meant to get end up.

2 Likes

It’s still a very bad system even though I’ve been on throughout the whole day and still have received any thing for today.

1 Like

It does roll it up afterwards. So not same day.

But we agree, it is missing days for many of us.

TBH if all the L0 who just refreshed browser get zero then I’m cool. If the system has a minimum and the genuinely involved users get something, but not necessarily every day, so long as the just-here-for-free-stuff get nothing, then that is kind of fair.

Ditto, I 100% visit every day, but the last 2 years I was not on the list because I guess I did it too early each time.

1 Like

Much appreciated, I knew it was somewhere/I remember reading it before when someone brought it up. Makes a lot more sense with it now than me just wondering what happened lol

1 Like