No 5A cables or Charger?

Anker what about 5A cables and 5A charges.

Many phones need 5a to charge at full speed (mate20 pro, p20 pro, oneplus 6t)

Or those PowerLine II USB-C to USB-C supports 5A? i don’t think so…

They do have this cable Right Here cable of 100w power transfer

2 Likes

yep , i saw it, and i’m not sure if it’s capable of 5A, and it’s the only one

But no charger with 5A in one port.
Anker really need to step up the cables, and chargers in terms of charging speed.

ps: still the best company :slight_smile:

P20 pro and the others you mentioned look to be using a high current charger supplying 4.5V @ 5A of current draw. That would equate out to around 22W of total power consumption (Power = Current x Voltage). A 100W cable is more than enough to handle this since you wouldnt need to derate as much as they have here.

To answer your second question, I do not see any capable of doing the high current charge yet, but I am sure they are coming when the standard becomes more popular.

1 Like

Those are some fast cables. I would choose those over 5A cables.

1 Like

The only downer with that particular cable is it states it is only 19.7 inches. Thats really short for charging.

If you look up the specs for the cable, data transfer speed and power output its at the very end of be ih ng within spec, so yes it may be short but it’s that way for a reason as any longer and they wouldnt be in compliance with the specs rated for thunderbolt 3.0

1 Like

I know, only meant as a charging cable that would be too short for most of my applications. For data transfer its more than sufficient.

Well to be effective it’s still limited to shorter runs for the 100w rating

1 Like

That states you can go up to 4 meters and maintain a 5A rating (though you would drop to USB 2.0), according to that chart, while with USB 3.1 you can also do 5A at 2 meters or less (roughly 6 feet ish on the longer end) and still maintain thunderbolt transfer speeds.

To be more specific, the power handling is more based on the wire gauge being utilized than anything else, while the length is more important for speeds. PD standard as a whole currently is a maximum of 20 volts DC with a maximum current of 5 amps, this is what derives your 100W cable. As long as the cable can dissipate that kind of heat without burning up you are fine and I have found lengths up to 6ft (which supports your table). Anker just has not released it yet I am assuming.

I can also state that I have made 50 ft long cables for testing product at my company with 18 gauge wires that are running 28 volts at around 3 amps of draw, so wattage really isn’t the issue.

1 Like