Newest Product in PowerConf Series -- Be an Instant Pro - PowerConf C300

So what are you thinking? They decided to change the contest because there has been a drought and now they will likely get a bunch of consumer reviews or they just messed up since it has been months since they bothered?

Like, I am fine with a cable, I just would like to prep myself for what is coming. To be perfectly honest, I would just settle for conformation I filled it out correctly. I didn’t get confirmation and there are so many little ways to get rejected with a firm cut off, I’d hate to win and then lose because I wrote AdmiralVic like I usually do, when my name is Admiral_Vic like it is here.

I wouldn’t classify it as they neglected it. I believe the last 13 months has impacted them just as much as any other company. Crazy tech material shortages and unpredictable demand had them intentionally focusing on other things, I assume.

In my experience, I have been a week late filling out the form, and they still accepted it. Previously, I did not receive any notification. The package just showed up.

I may pick up one of these and compare it to the logitech c920, brio and my a5100 with capture card.

I have been Beta testing PowerConf C300 Webcam for quite sometime and just received confirmation I could talk about it, Will plan to have review soon for it.

5 Likes

200-2

So it’s your fault?

All the bugs about to be found are because you didn’t find them. :lying_face:

I’m sure they keep sending you beta as they know you don’t leak, but obviously there’s a need for more diversity given how many bugs become obvious in first weeks.

1 Like

That’s where I read it and am on the lookout for the code

I have a $30 code if someone needs it.

I agree on the Diversity of beta testers, during my testing - have been actively providing inputs, issues faced, and features would have liked. Only so much can be done, since I only use Windows 10 (no more mac for me) tested with 2 laptops and a windows tablet.

For sure, the improvements I had observed and notified have been fixed for PowerConf C300.

1 Like

Cool, so that means they need to send you one of everything as I’m pretty sure their Q35 will have bugs.

1 Like

Dang I wish I could beta test as I have a windows laptop a Mac laptop an android phone and an Apple iPad. Congrats on getting to beta test I look forward to your review

1 Like

I have not been lucky with the Soundcore side of house… i submit the form but nothing comes back :smiley: , mostly selected for Anker, Nebula and Eufy…

I never was able to get my Power User approved, so I figure I am never going to be in your shoes lol

Taking one for the team. I will report back on what they think of it.

Biggest question I have is if you have to have an app installed for the advanced features to work (auto field of view adjustment is cool), or if it’s truly plug-n-play without additional steps.

It seems many items were never tested by honest LINUXERs🤣

1 Like

There is software required to make changes or firmware upgrade. By default (my experience with the beta testing unit), the webcam is set for Auto Focus, without the application access or changes, and worked well. This may be different for the final release product.

Application (called as AnkerWork) is required for firmware upgrades and tuning the mode.

2 Likes

Linux is not listed as supported OS platform for C300, though this does not mean it will not work or Anker will not add support to Linux or Chromebooks. (After firmware upgrade today - PowerConf C300 works on Chromebook!!!)

It is supported on CrApple though?

MacOS, OS X?

yes, it is supported for Mac OS 10.11 or later

1 Like