New Year’s Resolution Event WINNERS

It’s not where you are. It’s where you end up Rob. Stick with it but don’t go mad. You don’t want to lose it to fast or you’ll be ill.

I’ve lost 4lb this week. Happy with that.

Love this [Eufy BodySense Smart Scale] (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFAABKO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AsXwAb030YZRG) and reduced to £29.99 on a lightening deal NOW

2 Likes

Initially your reduction in food causes the water held in your gut to drop and as water is heavy it is where most of your initial gain comes from, you should then see a plateau period as the underlying reduction in fat appears which is slower, about 1.5% of body weight/week is highly doable.

As your fat goes down then the reducing fat causes the appetite to kick in and your weight loss slows. So initial larger gains will later slow.

If you measure too micro-detailed your weight then those plateau periods can cause a negative feedback and you give up. That’s why a long-term macro-detail has to be the focus, because in the long term a 2Lb/week loss is highly achievable as its only 1000C/day loss which is going to bed a little hungry and doing a couple of hours of exercise such as walking or biking to work and a bit of hiking, swimming, etc.

Look at the chart on the wall on this video see the two points above of more rapid initial loss, and some weight gain spikes as water levels vary daily, then extrapolate to your future of the games in your mind during those apparently non-losing or increasing weight periods. Keep at it.

2 Likes

Well, what a day! :sweat:

I had my minor operation. The emptying of an abscess and sewn together again. On strong Antibiotics for next 5 days.

I didn’t like the waiting n waiting around and the being mucked about and lied to.

Arrived at 07:30 hrs and home at 18:00hrs (travel time only 15 min each way) and a 1 hr op. The rest was waiting.

I done some working out on the weight front (mind it’s a large front!) and I got to.do.an adjustment!

I was 135kg (297lb) and am now 122.25kg (269lb)
Or in English… 21stone 3lb and now 19stone 3lb

Still 2stone lost and 1 Jean size. I’m hoping to.continue this… If I lost the same again, I’d be 17stone and size 40 jeans (means I can go most places for clothes) WOOHOO :grin:

2 Likes

Get well soon, sorry to hear that you had a abcess

1 Like

Cheers Nigel :thumbsup:
I’m not going for any mega weight loss. The Mrs wants to lose a bit and I could do with losing a stone or so and just want to enjoy exercising again and supporting her too.

Plus, grab a few images etc for a scale review of course :grin:

1 Like

Awesome video too. What a transformation!!! Think I need some weights too :grin:
Roll on payday

What’s extremely difficult is my house is FULL of chocolate.

My wife has a little [Facebook Page] (http://www.facebook.com/victoriabobbles) and makes different chocolate gifts and we’ve been working all day to get these and more ready and online.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: send some to me, my wife would hate me because she’s alergic to chocolate which means it would be all mine mine mine

2 Likes

Hahaha wish I could buddy but there’s a big like in the way :blush:

Wait was your goal not to lose weight instead of gaining weight? I think the chocolate wouldn’t help you :slight_smile:

Haha yea I’m losing weight, I just wanted to tease my wife because she’s alergic to chocolate and those were her favorite until she became alergic to it.lol

We each have our challenge. My usual weekend coastal bike loop. Today 4hr50m, yesterday 5hr10m. PB is 4hr35m so 5% above my PB.

Right get to bed and rest and repeat tomorrow. Most USA get Monday off (MLK day).

For comparison in Wales, say I biked a loop from your home this is of equivalent effort (a little more miles, a little less climbing, I only spent a couple of minutes clicking to find similar effort)

My feet get so cold on the 2000ft descent part that before I set off from home I make a hot water bottle and put in a zipped-up sleeping bag and throw some extra insulation on top and then when home get in and defrost toes for a while, then do other evening stuff. It is a 4000 Calories effort and my body cannot make heat after doing it for an hour or til the Sheppard’s pie kicks in (or the beer :confounded:)

Wow. Fair play to you. I do like to go out on the bike but I’ve only got a mountain bike so we just stay pretty local and go out when it’s nice lol. We do something more like this :see_no_evil:

What are you using to track your activity?

http://stopwatch.onlineclock.net/stopwatch.jpg

1 Like

I use my Apple Watch workout app but Strava is good for bike/run.

So much chocolate ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

what an adorable couple. :grin:

With Valentines, Mother’s Day and Easter all straight after each other, our house has now become both a factory and warehouse :see_no_evil: :grinning:

Don’t think your making enough effort to try and get through them all :grin: :yum: :laughing: