New speakers - Soundcore Boost and Select and Pro

That is interesting, my friend.

Strangeā€¦ no new logo on these new speakers.

Boost is now on Anker site and Amazon, though unavailable.

Boost and 2 are now in stock on Amazon. Pro isnā€™t though.
I came across the speakers today in my local Walmart. Itā€™s not a big one, so I was surprised to see them. The Pro is still $100. Boost was $80 (out of stock). And Select (not 2) was even cheaper.

Wow! I was comparing the SoundCore Proā€™s specs to some of JBLā€™s wireless BT speakers and Iā€™m pretty impressed! I only compared wattage, but am in the process of doing a more detailed comparison. These have been my results from the more simple analyzation.

SoundCore Pro quite a bit better than the $100 JBL Flip 4.
SouneCore Pro a little bit better than the $150 Charge 3.
SoundCore Pro not too far off from $180 Playlist.

Thatā€™s pretty impressive for a $90 speaker from a brand thatā€™s not known for its speakers. Of course thatā€™s just based on specs and audio quality only, not any other features.

Stay tuned for my more detailed comparison.

Is the Sport XL better than the Charge 2?

If you do decide to pick up the Select, Iā€™d be curious to hear how it sounds vs the Flip.

Do you have the Premium?

Well, well, well. It looks like Walmart my have contacted Anker and requested they list the SoundCore Pro for the full $99 price on Amazon. Check it there now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6YZJQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6kylzbMNVX2SH

In the comments section of the few videos out there on YouTube covering these products, it sounds like these new speakers arenā€™t impressing people as much as Anker may have hoped.

Yeah Im still happy with my Sport XL than this Pro. :thumbsdown:
#REGIFT

Really?! Why?

The sound quality just doesnā€™t even seem to come close to the Sport XL. The Sport XL sounds so much more crisp and clean and the bass has better high and lows, it may just be my ears but there is a noticeable difference to me The style in my opinion is not all that great either. Sport XL is a great overall value.

1 Like

So you had the Pro and compared it yourself?

Yes I HAVE the pro and have tested it out already. Any other questions detective? :joy:

1 Like

Lol sorry just find it interesting / disappointing that the one I already have it better. Thanks for the info tho!

By all means it is my own opinion. You may like it better so just get it and test it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah I trust you. That said, I was planning on itā€¦ Glad I didnā€™t order on Amazon!

Regarding the Pro, I notice the FCC model was 5200mah and the final product was 8000mah.

Good idea, once we saw the price, good to squeeze in a bigger battery.

https://d2c6jjk3vnoatm.cloudfront.net/spree/products/accessoies/530/A3142_Manual_artwork__SM-A429-V02_20170111_65X105mm_for_reviewing.pdf

But the IP rating dropped. Wonder if it failed the spray test?

Yes, I noticed that too, ref battery capacity - but didnā€™t spot the IP rating thoughā€¦

1 Like

on my soundcore 2, In some songs thereā€™s a strange pumping effect; low notes go to high notes really suddenly and its quite distracting. Im assuming this is due to an aggressive limiter or am I the only one with this problem?