New speakers - Soundcore Boost and Select and Pro

UK getting screwed. Pity. The straight conversion+tax should be about £83. ($90/ $1.30/£ + 20% VAT). This is odd for Anker as they tend to follow the straight conversion.

That would suggest that this is being held at this high price to then allow a legitimate future sale offer, because in UK you can’t make a fake sale. So if you want this just wait, it should drop to around £83.

I see the error (Mini in title and the specs are of the mini so it is the mini posting just with the Pro photos)

Anker often make errors. I get the impression that often someone who does not know English is involved (they don’t know what they are looking at).

Hey, don’t we always…Apple are master’s at it with their products :grin:

No not always. Anker is usually fair to the UK. For example the Soundcore Nano is lower cost in UK than in USA

The USA $20 should become £18 but its £10.

Mini:

should be £28 but is £17.

However, the USA disproportionately gets more discounts, the Mini has been often discounted to $20. When I track these, you end up roughly Anker being fair to the UK overall.

Unlike Apple - but then I’ve never bought Apple.

Was actually meant in a more broad sense, rather than just Anker whose price’s I rarely have any issues with…

Indeed. In general yes visitors from UK often return from USA with some gadgets. It isn’t always the case and so I’m thinking the new Soundcore Pro will drop in price significantly in a month or so.

Now it’s working.

Yep, @Kevin_hamlett got them a few days ago, but he said the Pro was $100 vs $90 on Amazon.

Correct the USA site is correct, the UK site wrong.

Yep, noticed his post that he bought the Pro, didn’t see anything about the Select/Boost being mentioned…

1 Like

That was the first thing he said was the boost. He also did say that he saw the Select.

1 Like

Just noticed on a re-read…

1 Like

It seems as though they are ditching the Select name and opting for the SoundCore 2.

First time ever they’ve opted for a traditional naming scheme, to my knowledge.

Interesting, it looks like they have changed the design (larger logo on the grill), compared to the version I have and the photo @Yosef_Schmukler posted from Walmart

this is kinda starting to feel a bit like the PowerCore naming…

1 Like

Now we’re just waiting for the Boost.

The Select is in select Walmarts… get it?!

The FCC posting has Select product code A3106, the Soundcore 2 is A3105.

The FCC report lists both model numbers;

Different colours?

Think it has to do with the logo branding. The report mentions the A3106 test model is part of the A3105 model range. Difference description lists ‘all same except different appearance’ and the logo on this new named version is larger, like the first gen branding.

Guess they were undecided on name at time of testing. Weird that some have made it to Walmart under the ‘Select’ name if they have gone for SoundCore 2…even the FCC manual lists ‘Select’