New speakers - Soundcore Boost and Select and Pro

Wow! I was comparing the SoundCore Pro’s specs to some of JBL’s wireless BT speakers and I’m pretty impressed! I only compared wattage, but am in the process of doing a more detailed comparison. These have been my results from the more simple analyzation.

SoundCore Pro quite a bit better than the $100 JBL Flip 4.
SouneCore Pro a little bit better than the $150 Charge 3.
SoundCore Pro not too far off from $180 Playlist.

That’s pretty impressive for a $90 speaker from a brand that’s not known for its speakers. Of course that’s just based on specs and audio quality only, not any other features.

Stay tuned for my more detailed comparison.

Is the Sport XL better than the Charge 2?

If you do decide to pick up the Select, I’d be curious to hear how it sounds vs the Flip.

Do you have the Premium?

Well, well, well. It looks like Walmart my have contacted Anker and requested they list the SoundCore Pro for the full $99 price on Amazon. Check it there now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6YZJQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6kylzbMNVX2SH

In the comments section of the few videos out there on YouTube covering these products, it sounds like these new speakers aren’t impressing people as much as Anker may have hoped.

Yeah Im still happy with my Sport XL than this Pro. :thumbsdown:
#REGIFT

Really?! Why?

The sound quality just doesn’t even seem to come close to the Sport XL. The Sport XL sounds so much more crisp and clean and the bass has better high and lows, it may just be my ears but there is a noticeable difference to me The style in my opinion is not all that great either. Sport XL is a great overall value.

1 Like

So you had the Pro and compared it yourself?

Yes I HAVE the pro and have tested it out already. Any other questions detective? :joy:

1 Like

Lol sorry just find it interesting / disappointing that the one I already have it better. Thanks for the info tho!

By all means it is my own opinion. You may like it better so just get it and test it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah I trust you. That said, I was planning on it… Glad I didn’t order on Amazon!

Regarding the Pro, I notice the FCC model was 5200mah and the final product was 8000mah.

Good idea, once we saw the price, good to squeeze in a bigger battery.

https://d2c6jjk3vnoatm.cloudfront.net/spree/products/accessoies/530/A3142_Manual_artwork__SM-A429-V02_20170111_65X105mm_for_reviewing.pdf

But the IP rating dropped. Wonder if it failed the spray test?

Yes, I noticed that too, ref battery capacity - but didn’t spot the IP rating though…

1 Like

on my soundcore 2, In some songs there’s a strange pumping effect; low notes go to high notes really suddenly and its quite distracting. Im assuming this is due to an aggressive limiter or am I the only one with this problem?

Can any1 show me how to dismantle soundcore pro please? I brought it to beach and somehow tiny sands got into the grill. Wants to open it up and clean it but couldnt find a way how to do that.

The SoundCore 2, SoundCore Boost, and SoundCore Pro are all compared here:

along with a sound test between the SoundCore 2, SoundCore Boost, and SoundCore Pro:

(spoiler alert)
Surprisingly, the SoundCore 2 is the loudest of the bunch!

1 Like

All these videos made by you???

They are good comparison videos, it will give people more useful purchase advice.:grin:

1 Like

I didn’t notice it mentioned but there is a revision of the Soundcore Boost coming. They altered the insides, looks identical outside but altered the radio transmission, and moves to USB-C. That probably means just better Bluetooth, Wifi and finally ditched MicroB. The product code is the same code, so this is a quiet release, newer shipping models have BT 5, USBC input (A still for output).

I see BT version 5 in test report, while current specs say 4.2.

Test needed USB-C

Label also says USB-C for input, A still unfortunately for output.

So anyone seeing Boost discounts now, should be aware it could be the older v4.2

1 Like