New Roav Dashcam C1 Pro

You just mean in general or is there something you want in Gen 3 that hasn’t been hinted from the FCC for Gen 2?

Just in general. 1st version = your opinion. 2nd version = fixing the biggest problems your customers said. 3rd version = fixing the lesser customer problems.

1 Like

Ok so now I’ve thought about this and I don’t think what’s coming soon is a Gen 2. I think it’s exactly what it’s called… a Pro version. Gen 2s usually come 1-2 years after Gen 1. It’s only been a few months. The true Gen 2 will probably include suggestions from users.

UPDATE: it’s now available!

Anker Roav Dash Cam C1 Pro, 2K Resolution 2560X1440, Built-In GPS/WiFi, 2.4" LCD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Night Mode, 2-Port Charger, 32G microSD Card Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VFRGFN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CELEzbEJPPAXR

1 Like

Dog nab it! Can I trade my C1 one in for this? LOL. Looks like this time around, they are including a 32GB microSD card. It would be interesting to get one of these so I can compare it to the original. I do like that they upped the resolution on it to 2K with WDR. And I am curious about how well the GPS works. I also wonder if they are including an extra mount. According to the description of what’s included, there’s not even a mention of a mount. I’ll have to keep an eye out for “specials,” I would love to get one and perhaps pawn my original C1 off on the hubby :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: and have the Pro instead. But I’ll have to tell him that he’s getting the “newer” one. Hehehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This looks great. I can not find it on there website. Can’t wait till it is available in Ireland.

other than 2k30 what video modes does the pro do? i’m assuming 1080p60 at least.

edit, the user manual does state the other modes:

also, was the bitrate increased? my videos are around 15mbps. it would be nice if the bitrate could be increased. it doesn’t look like it has increased for 1080p30 as the record times are still the same (320min for 32gb card).

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the C1 Pro? I still see it listed in Amazon, but it just says currently unavailable with no way to backorder it. It has been in this status for a couple of weeks now.

1 Like

it’s now available (different listing)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FVX74Q/ref=psdc_3248689011_t2_B06XNSDRW8

1 Like

This is now available in Ireland and the EU. A lot of reviews are saying that the video is actually worse. The original in 1080p is better.
Has anyone bought this? How is it?

It’s on my radar to test at some point. Bit worrying about the video possibly being worse but they have changed the sensor from a Sony…do you have a link to the review you read?

I saw the new one on Amazon and I was like…wait this seems a lot better than what I read about and realized Anker had released this new one. The new onr is one heck of a value.

Here you go. Bit of a delay. Don’t come here often

2 Likes

Excellent review and comparisons, thanks! You should call by more often with your reviews :smile:

1 Like

In the Future there is a Roaver Program, I think you are perfekt for it :ok_hand:

Awwwwesome review. I love how you compared all the dash cams. I have the original C1 and love it. But I am looking to get another one for the hubby’s car… he wants the Pro version. One thing that I would have liked to see with the Pro version is tactical buttons and a red LED light that indicates when the cam is recording since the screen goes dark after awhile. Again, great review :slight_smile: Btw, I don’t think you have enough dash cams. :wink:

Oh I can’t take credit for the review. I did not do it. Just found it on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

s it possible to have continuous recording - like 3hr journey, made of 1 minute clips

Yes. It does record when it has power. If you want to record when your engine is not running, add power bank. Battery in the camera itself is a joke and provides energy for couple clips when bumped, but it wont do continuous

I haven’t played with mine since I installed it a year or so ago. But check your settings on the C1 Pro to see if there is an option to change the recording clips to 1 minute. If it does, then that’s your answer. If it doesn’t, then it would record in 3, 5, and 10 minute clips? I don’t remember. Just remember that in order to record for 3 hours straight, your C1 Pro will need to be plugged in either thru your car cigarette lighter, 12V plug, or a power bank. Otherwise, the Parking Monitor will kick in. Hope that helps answer your question. :slight_smile: