New Roav Dashcam C1 Pro

Pro version.

2 Likes

Certainly not letting the grass grow under their feet are they :grin:

After a bit more of a look, the following seems to have changed compared to the C1 standard dashcam (unless they are changed before / if it goes to full production);

• Updated chipset - NT96660 compared to NT96658
  • Different sensor - OV 4689 compared to Sony Exmor IMX 323
  • 2K video resolution (a bit overkill for a dashcam?)
  • GPS (hurrah, but ouch for the recent gen1 purchasers as GPS add-on is probably unlikely)
  • SD Card Included ? (size not mentioned 32GB likely)
  • Higher SD card officially supported (from size vs time table)
  • Same battery size and operating temps
  • Different video default - .mp4 over .mov container
  • Additional mount plate
2 Likes

The addition of GPS and an additional mountplate. Sign me up! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Say what!!! LOL. Higher resolution sounds awesome! There are times where I wished that the C1 had a higher resolution. GPS? Yes! That sounds great! And of course, the additional mount is a real plus. Overall, this sounds like a great upgrade to the original C1. I would love to get my hands on the Pro and compare it with the C1 that I have. I can’t wait for it to come out. :slight_smile: I was just telling my hubby that it’s awesome that Anker takes their “testers” and customer feedbacks and makes improvements on their products. They actually welcome our feedbacks and uses it. We are not just customers to them but a big part of what their company is all about. Thank you Anker for listening and caring about us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is why version 3 (of anything) is the one to shoot for.

1 Like

True but then you’d miss out on all the fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And glitches, and headaches and spontaneously combusting vehicles… We know you’re reading this Elon Musk…

I find quite bit of details change between FCC version and final, so long as it doesn’t impact the FCC aspect (so Wifi, Bluetooth mostly) then they can change its specs. It would likely be tweaked right up to shipping.

We also seem to average 6 weeks from FCC to shipping.

But it gives you a good hint of what to expect :wink:

You just mean in general or is there something you want in Gen 3 that hasn’t been hinted from the FCC for Gen 2?

Just in general. 1st version = your opinion. 2nd version = fixing the biggest problems your customers said. 3rd version = fixing the lesser customer problems.

1 Like

Ok so now I’ve thought about this and I don’t think what’s coming soon is a Gen 2. I think it’s exactly what it’s called… a Pro version. Gen 2s usually come 1-2 years after Gen 1. It’s only been a few months. The true Gen 2 will probably include suggestions from users.

UPDATE: it’s now available!

Anker Roav Dash Cam C1 Pro, 2K Resolution 2560X1440, Built-In GPS/WiFi, 2.4" LCD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Night Mode, 2-Port Charger, 32G microSD Card Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VFRGFN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CELEzbEJPPAXR

1 Like

Dog nab it! Can I trade my C1 one in for this? LOL. Looks like this time around, they are including a 32GB microSD card. It would be interesting to get one of these so I can compare it to the original. I do like that they upped the resolution on it to 2K with WDR. And I am curious about how well the GPS works. I also wonder if they are including an extra mount. According to the description of what’s included, there’s not even a mention of a mount. I’ll have to keep an eye out for “specials,” I would love to get one and perhaps pawn my original C1 off on the hubby :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: and have the Pro instead. But I’ll have to tell him that he’s getting the “newer” one. Hehehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This looks great. I can not find it on there website. Can’t wait till it is available in Ireland.

other than 2k30 what video modes does the pro do? i’m assuming 1080p60 at least.

edit, the user manual does state the other modes:

also, was the bitrate increased? my videos are around 15mbps. it would be nice if the bitrate could be increased. it doesn’t look like it has increased for 1080p30 as the record times are still the same (320min for 32gb card).

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the C1 Pro? I still see it listed in Amazon, but it just says currently unavailable with no way to backorder it. It has been in this status for a couple of weeks now.

1 Like

it’s now available (different listing)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FVX74Q/ref=psdc_3248689011_t2_B06XNSDRW8

1 Like

This is now available in Ireland and the EU. A lot of reviews are saying that the video is actually worse. The original in 1080p is better.
Has anyone bought this? How is it?

It’s on my radar to test at some point. Bit worrying about the video possibly being worse but they have changed the sensor from a Sony…do you have a link to the review you read?

I saw the new one on Amazon and I was like…wait this seems a lot better than what I read about and realized Anker had released this new one. The new onr is one heck of a value.