[New Releases] Upgraded PowerExpand USB(-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters Now Available!

Anker has just released two new gigabit ethernet adapters… Take a look!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Instant Internet: Connect to the internet instantly from virtually any laptop’s USB(-C) port, and enjoy stable connection speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
  • Lightweight and Compact: The space-saving and portable design measures just over half an inch thick and weighs about the same as a AA battery.
  • Premium Build: Features a sleek aluminum exterior and braided-nylon cable to complement the design of high-end devices.
  • What You Get: PowerExpand USB(-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, welcome guide, 18-month worry-free warranty, and friendly customer service.

Anker’s PowerExpand USB(-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters are available to order now from amazon.com and should begin shipping immediately.

Are you interested in either or both of Anker's new gigabit ethernet adapters? Be sure to let us know with a reply!
2 Likes

Amazon should stop allowing their zero inventory items from being allowed to be seen by seller accounts.

It is a hole to allow competitors to see. Link but the forum mangles

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/816OMVZGvEL.AC_SL1500.jpg

1 Like

So have you @professor cracked the secret how @insider gets these first hand updates on new releases --> Zero inventory items on Amazon? or may be not?

For the USB-C to.Gigabit Ethernet Port… I would prefer a Proper USB-C hub instead of the single port adapter…

1 Like

Kind of. Not fully.

Anker uses their seller central account to create new product. An ASIN is created. They upload an image or so. The ASIN once known is then a URL we can all see.

What I do not have is:

• a seller account, to search Anker manufacturer for new products.
  • a spider account to send Amazon MWS API calls to do the above.

So yes, I figured out plenty but no, I cannot simply replicate what Insider is doing unless I spend $/month, or get someone who has an Amazon seller account to share their password.

You can see what is happening via the Powerstrip in the Testing Club. Initially it is just an image, then some text added, and slowly a full listing. Amazon will not let you search for it until inventory. Insider is showing the steps before, no inventory.

So when Insider says coming soon, he is seeing this

Then when he edits, it is because Anker edits the listing. So it becomes fuller with more information.

The ASIN is the created by Amazon unique code when a manufacturer creates new product. If you know the ASIN, you see everything. I don’t know it as I have not spent any money getting a seller account.

This Gig-E adapter, if I had the ASIN then it would be amazon.com/dp/ASIN and we’d all see the exactly the same.

3 Likes

This is a new/upgraded release, no? I believe this has been out for a while.

1 Like

Yep, new design.

I guess I never realized that a lot of laptops might not come with Ethernet ports. I have mostly been a Dell person (new one every 3 years probably). Cool product to side step that issue though :+1:

1 Like

Correct. For example my Chromebook from 6 years had no Ethernet, it was proprietary PSU and USB-A only. In some situations Ethernet required so I bought then a A - Ethernet.

Modern laptops are making the issue worse by not only not including Ethernet, but also moving to one USB-C port only, so use of this dongle would preclude charging, so you’d be wanting a pass-thru power hub with PD in, Ethernet, PD out.

I’m keeping an eye on my next laptop and seek two USB-PD ports, so can charge + something else concurrently, as hubs add their own wrinkle, another thing which can get in the way and make a fail.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerExpand USB(-C) to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters are now available to order from amazon.com and should begin shipping immediately.

Right now, the price is higher for this USB-C to Ethernet, add $6.30 better go for a 5-in-1 USB-C Hub for $26.39 … this already include Gigabit ethernet port (there may be more at sale)

1 Like