New Releases | PowerWave 7.5W Wireless Charger UNBOXING

I want to win that Power-Z usb QC3 meter :sunglasses::microscope:

Ordered this morning coming tomorrow. Love that 1 day delivery from amazon

Ordered my PowerWave for delivery on Sunday, and have my PowerPort Speed 5 delivered today!

Exited!!!

3 Likes

very nice review will jump on this eventually but either way great job

Nice to have wireless charger especially on the bedside.

When will it be available for sale and what will the price be?

Already recieved mine today. And price is 37

So are there plans to release 15W wireless chargers?

I just got mine today.

Ran my phone down to zero, and will do a 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hour to test charge time ending at what time it is fully charged

I can absolutely say that I love the build better than the ppw5 pad. It’s bigger, has more heft (could be heavier), and the grip it has on my nightstand and my phone is awesome.

The fan is audible, however, so we will see how that is a factor more long term.

2 Likes

So, I did the thing! Keep in mind that I am using an iPhone 8 Plus and and a PowerPort Speed 5 hub connected to the QC3 port.

The PowerWave is pretty darn fast
30 Min - 24%
1 Hour - 47%
2 Hours - 88%
Full charge was at about 3 hours, 10 min.

The device was warm during the first half of charging, which is to be expected while fast charging wirelessly. The charger however, was ice cold thanks to the built in fan. I picked up the charger and device together multiple times to feel for heat from the vents, and there was none.

In comparison, the PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad and Wireless Charger Charging Pad (formerly known as PowerPort 10 Qi) charged the same phone 17% in 30 min and 34% in one hour at 5w. Those chargers also made the phone warm while charging.

Build quality is very nice. It is much larger than my PPW5, but the materials seem more premium. The grip on the device and my nightsand were awesome. The charger doesn’t slide around at all with or without a phone on it. The included micro USB cable is thick and substantial. Probably one of the best feeling USB cables in recent memory.

I very much like the blue light. Pictures do not do the light justice. I didn’t think I would like it as much as I did.

I will say that I feel like it was a little hollow and could be a bit heavier. Adding a weighted element to the device would definitely elevate that feel. Having used the Mophie Wireless Charging Base, I want that.

One thing that can either be calming or aggravating, is the built in fan.
I get the function of the fan, and during my test, it did not bother me at all. But time (and personal preference) will tell if that will be a deal breaker for other users as fan noise is audible and could annoy light sleepers.

Overall, I am pleased with this charger. It’s fast, feels good, has great grip, and is quite nice to look at. The fan is nice, albeit audible, and it could be a bit heavier, but other than that, solid product from a reputable company!!

Not sure if I should repost this in a reviews section haha. Please ask any questions!!

4 Likes

Nice review!

1 Like

Thanks for the review! Very helpful

1 Like

Yes, I would definitely repost this as a new topic under reviews. Seriously, thank you for that. It will be very helpful to many members!

Since you mentioned it, I am curious to know how this stacks up to the Mophie one though in terms of charging times. If you don’t mind running another test, that would be awesome! I’m pretty sure the Mophie doesn’t have a fan, though I hear Samsung chargers have had the feature for years…

1 Like

I don’t have the Mophie anymore :frowning: really liked that charger.

If I can occupy one up from work, I’ll see what I can do!!

That’s totally okay.

I look forward to reviews from you in the future, so keep coming back. I very much enjoy thorough and technical testing, along with detailed opinion.

1 Like

In the end of March, and I can’t tell you the price now. Oh, I also don’t know it. :joy:

Not now, next in a few months. :blush:

1 Like

Reserve your discount for PowerWave 7.5W Wireless Chargers now!

1 Like

Hi,

Just seen this - looks to be a very interesting set of products, especially if they do work as advertised.

Have to say having jumped firmly on the wireless bandwagon - using an Anker USB-C based product I’ll be sure to check these out, especially the stand!!

My only question - is white the only colour or are you doing black ones too?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for all the pictures. This thing is very nice looking.