[New Release] Security 2K IndoorCam Pan & Tilt Now Available!

Eufy Security’s new indoor camera is now available… Take a look at 2K IndoorCam Pan & Tilt!

Features & details

• Knows Who’s There: The on-device AI instantly determines whether a human or pet is present within the camera’s view (human facial detection only).
  • The Key is in the Detail: View every event in crisp 2K clarity so you see exactly what is happening inside your home (24/7 1080p recording).
  • Smart Integration: Connect your Indoor Cam to Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa for complete control over your surveillance.
  • Follows the Action: When motion is detected the camera automatically tracks and follows the moving object.
  • Communicate From Your Camera: Speak in real-time to anyone who passes via the camera’s built-in two-way audio.

Pricing and Availability: eufy Security’s 2K IndoorCam Pan & Tilt is available to order now from amazon.com for $49.99 and should begin shipping on June 20.

Did you preorder one of eufy Security’s new indoor cameras? If so, have you received it yet? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

4 Likes

Nice! Waiting to see reviews first before I decide to get one

1 Like

Not sure if I would get this for indoor recording, kind of creepy…

Is the recording local OR can it be stored on MS OneDrive / Google Drive (if applicable) ?

2 Likes

All local for now, though they may add HomeBase support in the future…

1 Like

Local recording is a big plus for privacy …

do we know if any of the AI processed data (face) is sent back to Internet? This IndoorCam will still connect to Eufy Security, so any data transmitted back to the Servers ?

Might be a task for cyber security experts, analyze the traffic :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe it’s all done locally. Isn’t that one of the big pitches with eufy Security?

1 Like

AI and recording may be local. But sharing specific application data back to servers - this is a completely different topic. AI improvements happen based on the data samples, the more the samples, the better AI gets…

if product is,as it mentions, everything being local 100%, then this is a very good solution for customers looking for this kind of setup!

1 Like

Price wise I could find this useful with Homebase support to cover a main entrance area when on holidays or the like…thanks for sharing @Insider

1 Like

Hey guys.
Any idea on a UK release date?
Also, anyone know the frame rate?

1 Like

Later this year…

15 fps

1 Like

Wouldn’t frame rate be a function of how busy is the background image and the pan? Moving object across a plain painted wall Vs other would surely stress the compression differently?

I’m seeing h265, so high compression therefore more pixelated or lower fps in busier scenes.

So FPS should be location specific, theoretically.

2 Likes

You can store locally (MicroSD), on the cloud (the cloud eufy has set up), or on a NAS.

Mine came on Saturday, and I have a 128gb card in it. I would like to set up a NAS in the future, but I don’t have one now, and therefore can’t test the feature.

1 Like

As mentioned on the eufy security site, I just placed the order for one. I also need like 3 of the regular (without pan & tilt) version ASAP. @AnkerOfficial can you help??

I’m fully immersed into the eufy ecosystem now. In the last month, I bought a RoboVac, the Battery Doorbell, 4 eufyCams, and 1 IndoorCam Pan & Tilt. I just need 3 IndoorCams, and I think we’ll be good for a while.

I’m somewhat on high alert … not because of the recent riots, but because my friend’s house got broken into recently while she was sleeping. She lives alone. She hid in her master bathroom, and one of the intruders got within 2-3 feet from where she was hiding … and I don’t want to hijack this thread so I’ll share this story another time with more details.

ANYWAY, I JUST WANT 3 INDOORCAMS (NON-PAN & TILT) ASAP! THANK YOU!! (sorry for yelling) :slight_smile:

1 Like

NAS would be a good idea, because someone can cut the internet to property, steal the camera and you’re hosed, but a NAS can be hidden very hard to find.

What kind of NAS? SMB? I could probably help you set one up like if it’s SMB then a Windows computer share may be easy.

1 Like

Hey @professor
I’m using some TP Link cameras currently which run at 15fps. I find moving objects appear a little blurry and on pause it can be hard to get a good still of an image depending on the speed of the object as you say.

I don’t understand the thought process behind this other than space saving on the SD card. You can buy cheap (£20-30) sports cameras that run higher FPS in 4K.
Ultimately as a security product I would have preferred a higher FPS rate and either get less on a card or buy a bigger card.

And … just like that, out of stock. That was fast.

Good news is that mine will be delivered tomorrow. Maybe I’ll do a video review.

2 Likes

The bottleneck isn’t just storage.

The compression is the process of finding movement, as it’s the delta change which is stored. Compression is done in hardware, it outputs the delta and then the size of the delta is effectively your motion detection. The higher the pixel count the more often there is less compression as similar pixels then become less similar.

So it’s the electronics which do the image compression.

It’s a cost saving but not just storage.

All I’m saying is I have reason to be skeptical that 2k and high frame rate and panning are all concurrently done. The act of panning changes all the pixels by definition, so then the compression must then lower frame rate. If you removed one of these, like not panning, then only the moving object is the change.

A review is required! You should be sent a review unit for free.

:wink:

1 Like

Now I like cut of your jib @professor :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m exited about this but I think I’m going to hold off on purchasing these until 2 Factor Authentication is released. I have seen YouTube reviews and I really like the camera. I will probably get 4 Indoor Camera. Not sure how many of each. Maybe 2 Fixed and 2 Pan/Tilt. But I’m a little on the edge of buying these without 2 Factor Authentication as it does connect to WiFi. I’m hoping that 2 Factor Authentication will be out soon so I can get these cameras!

1 Like

Please do :+1:

1 Like