[New Release] Roav 6ft USB Hardware Kit (DashCam Duo)

I avoided the hardwire because I would ha e to do that two both cars and my wife didn’t want me to do anything to hers. So I use the adapter in mine and just switch to hers when I drive or we drive long distances. The C1 pro was in her car but I try to use the duo since the video is better, eventually I’ll get another one for her car

As for torque, there are other apps that do more but they are also a lot more expensive and I didn’t want to spend money and not like the app

Same here, I do like this tool and worth the extra cost.

Only issue I’ve seen is that if I sit in park for more than 5 minutes and its shuts off.

One time I was in traffic and I put in park because the road was closed for accident clean up. then there was another time when I was dealing with a work related issue at works after hours and the police officer was talking with me and in the middle of the conversation the camera shuts off because I was in park…

Support said to avoid this issue I have to turn off a setting so the camera runs 24/7. I kind of like this feature because it works almost like an extra security camera when parted at home. Most people won’t think the camera is on because most dashcams shut off when parked.

But since my battery is an older battery I keep the auto shutoff on for now…

I have been using this for a while as a beta tester for roav dashcam duo in my dual battery f250.

Since it was designed to be used with the dashcam duo which is a capacitor (non battery) dashcam, it will provide power in parking monitor mode meaning, if someone bumps your car, opens the door etc, the cam turns on and records inside and outside the vehicle.

I have a fused tapped power supply as well but really wanted to try this and so far have not had any issues.

So happy to see so many whom also beta tested the duo :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We now know at a minimum, there are 4 members from Community who beta tested Duo :grin: us the list may grow

Ah beta testing, missing it so… :cry: :laughing:

Who is who, so far :grin:

1 Like

Hey, at least you’ve been chosen before :confused:. I’ve never even been asked! :frowning:

This is awesome. Less cluttering cable for me. Great idea!

Got the hardwire kit, connected to the OBD port, powered on the car and the duo screen was on twice, then after that the duo was not on anymore. I assumed that the duo supposed to be on after the car is turned off and the screen is on when the car is turned on, but in my case, the screen was black the whole time no matter the car was on or off and nothing indicated the duo was on when the car was turned on. When I connected to the USB port, then the duo worked just fine as expected in which the duo was on when the card was turned on and it was off when the car was turned off.
How could I make the duo or the screen is on when the car is turned on or started? Thanks.

Can you please post this in questions section?

Also are you asking the recording be turned ON when the car is powered OFF Or asking the display to be turned ON when car is turned ON?

1. To record after car is powered off, requires DashCamHardwireKit setting enabled upon which duo records based on motion detected by the built-in Gravity sensor (G-sensor)

2. To keep the display ON, change the setting for LCD Auto Off to keep display powered from 30 seconds to different value.

I bought this to go with my duocam. It works pretty well. I will say the only odd thing was when I first plugged it in with the car turned off it didn’t turn camera on. It worked after turning car on and off again. So I guess something internally inside of it must require, some sort of initialization.

I have had it shut down when stopped too long, but I doubt there are many situations where I’d want to record then anyways. If something did happen while sitting in car, it’d probably be someone hitting my car, and hopefully that’d trigger it back on.

did you go into menu on dashcam and turn on hardwire kit in settings?

yea I had already done that. It’s worked perfectly since that first initial time. It was just an odd little thing. Because I didn’t readjust the cable or anything, all I did was turn car on. But since obd2 is providing power with car off it shouldn’t matter. in fact does the cable even know whether the car is off or on?

Anyone know the max voltage and current this USB port can output? I’m looking to power a QI phone charger.