[New Release] Premium Double-Braided Nylon Lightning Cables

Anker has been really focusing on Lightning cables recently, releasing a PowerLine II series, a PowerLine+ II series, and now an upgraded version of their older double-braided nylon series. These are slightly more durable (5000 bends vs 4000 previously), have the new Anker logo, pack in a lifetime warranty, and still don’t include a carry pouch.

3 Foot ($10.99):
Black
Red

6 Foot ($12.99):
Black
Red
Silver

Based upon Anker’s other recent Lightning cable releases, we are likely to see 1 foot and 10 foot cables follow shortly, and possibly a gold color option, as well.

What do you think of these Lightning cables? I think it’s great for Anker to offer some at cheaper prices for those that don’t want the carry pouches! But you still get the lifetime warranty! Now we just need to see some love for USB-C…

4 Likes

Yawn, this is boring to me. So much focus on apple and their lightning cables and not enough focus on Usb-C cables. Nevermind that they never offered premium micro usb cables for all those who still require it. Every speaker and headphone Anker makes still utilize micro usb, yet they don’t support it by offering that premium powerline+ II cables.

5 Likes

LOL. What do people do with their cables? Chew them up? :stuck_out_tongue: I have some Powerline+ and +II cables that have held up so well so I don’t see the need for my cables to be double braided. The only gripe I have with my cable is that I can’t use it with my iPad Mini 2 when it’s in its case… because the opening of the case is narrower then the cable charging tip. But no fault of Anker.

2 Likes

Fully agree.

Where is the single cable USB-C and you just pick the length, color?

2 Likes

@AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial are we going to see micro and USB-C versions?

You can always take a exacto knife and car fully enlarge the charging opening. It’s what we did with my wife’s ipad so we can use Ankers charging cable.

Pretty sure they said they’re not making any new micro versions, but I’m sure USB-C versions are in the works.

1 Like

True. But seeing as how my battery will need to be replaced soon, I’m not even going to bother. Gives me a good excuse to get a new iPad :wink:

Why not just open it up and teplace the battery? It’s easy enough to do. Save yourself some money

Because I’m looking for an excuse to upgrade :wink: :wink: I would like to get a newer iPad that has the Touch ID because I like using 1Password without having to type in a password.

1 Like

Having a cheap, upgraded cable will maybe appeal more to new customers more so than “us” who will have existing Powerline + and Powerline +II variants.

While I myself don’t have USB C compatible devices, I know that so many new products/devices come with USB C connections. This means that there’s a gap in Anker’s product line, and instead of expanding the existing lightning cable choices it should delve into the USB C market.

@Nhi I am in the same position as you, I’m hoping to upgrade my iPad Air to a pro 9.7” version soon (even though it’s not the latest - it will suit my needs)

2 Likes

My wife realized last night she needs a new ipad as the one she has cannot be updated to play her favorite game nor can she update her apps. So I get where your coming from. Hopefully you can get yours soon, my wife is gonna have to wait until after we move come August

2 Likes

I have one of the original black nylon cables in my car… I think it’s about 3 years old now and it still works!

2 Likes