[New Release] PowerPort Solar 60

This is really an interesting item.
I think all of us would like to test it. :slight_smile:

I run solar panels on my roof and have quite some experience about these technique.

1 Like

I have a couple that another company sent me to review and they are nice. But this one I could see a good option for camping and off grid multi-day hiking.

2 Likes

Very nice. My stepdaughter n her wife n child would find this amazing when they go camping.

Would it be/is it, waterproof?

2 Likes

Wow, that solar panel is huge!

2 Likes

Yes, it is water resistant.

1 Like

This guy does a water and crush test and even tosses it in a fire pit and I have to say I was very impressed with the original Anker Solar panel durability I would imagine the new solar panel is on par with that level of durability.

5 Likes

Ironically for me I checked on the 21watt solar panel and that price went to like $186!! Would be nice to see this hit outside Japan

1 Like

It’s hard to tell from the product photo, but it seems that it’s a HUGE panel - I’m assuming it will be like three PowerPort Solar 21 side-by-side, which is also indicated by the name. And with both DC and USB outputs, we are talking serious camping equipment here.

If I were to go on a long group camping trip, I would totally consider this. Just one would be enough to keep a 5 to 6-person group properly powered through an easy rotation. So, if I ever find another 4 to 5 people to go camping with me, and I’m in Japan, I’ll get one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Too big for me, I use 21W and carry the weight of it. Also what keeps it flat square to the sun? I unfold 21W and prop it against bag, what stops this big a panel folding?

Advantage of bigger is it’s more likely to work in any daylight situation even inside the tent if it’s raining. I’d say 21W per person to keep a phone working and a few smaller items like flashlight, BT buds. So this would serve 3 people easily.

2 Likes

I actually have that little Goal Zero and to be perfectly honest I haven’t found it particularly practical. I’d be willing to trade on the size for larger capacity I think.

1 Like

Only in Japan means its perfect for Pokemon Go

2 Likes

Snag me one :grinning::joy:

1 Like

Anyone know if Anker has any plans to release the PowerPort solar 60 in the US anytime soon? @AnkerOfficial

1 Like

I would definitely consider this one. I love my pair of 21w Anker Panels.

1 Like

I have a feeling this is going to be released in the US around the same time as the new powerhouse.

1 Like

I think so. The straight DC output is something new comoared to the USB connections the previous one had.

2 Likes

I have 3 GoalZero panels that I regularly use (like to charge power banks with them). While I’ve eyed larger panel packs, the combo of capacity and size (including portability) have been key. This looks intriguing to say the least (like that review share that puts a GZ against it).

1 Like

This has some serious solar charging capacity.

1 Like

Great video

1 Like

Did you ever end up picking up this panel while you were in Japan?

I’d use mine everyday @AnkerOfficial hint hint nudge nudge.