[New Release] PowerPort PD Nano

This was my thought. You’re not really shrinking the size, it’s just where you put that space…

Lol have you every worked on cell phones? They have loads of extra space…

1 Like

Folding pins adds weight for sure, makes the unfolded size larger but makes the folded size smaller.

If you’re going for smaller then it most beneficial to carrying so folded is best.

This fully supports USB PD specification, and the III nano does not fully support.

I am thinking I’ll buy a UK version of this to pair with my Powercore 10000 PD Slim.

1 Like

What baffles me, is how large the Apple 18w charger is. It’s ginormous- bigger then my 30w Charger. And than anker makes this 18w, that’s smaller then apples 5w.

Makes no sense.

2 Likes

Review of the PowerPort PD Nano.

Compared to the III Nano it has USB-IF certification and higher current at 5V (3A vs 2.4A). The cert is worth the peace of mind for some. The difference in 5V output will rarely cause a charge time difference in the real world. It’s local availability is probably its biggest, single sell point.

For all that it gives up Quick Charge compatibility. So those with a QC enabled phone will want to go for the III Nano instead.

2 Likes