[New Release] PowerPort III 65W Pod Now Available!

I believe this device is supposed to have update-able firmware. Is that correct @Insider ?

1 Like

Here is the source: http://www.chargerlab.com/anker-announces-new-lineup-of-products-and-firmware-upgradability-for-chargers-at-onboard-2019/

the text in question:

Anker also announced that its Power IQ 3.0 chargers and power banks will be able to support firmware upgrade in the future. More details are yet to be released, but we will definitely keep you posted on this exciting feature which might open new horizons for charging peripherals.

1 Like

I don’t think this one does, but yes, that is something Anker was supposedly working on. They did release one last year…

I am extremely sceptical this will be real.

There is a programmable chip in this but you then must have a need and a will to do it. Anker is historically slow to not-at-all deliver on futures.

In UK

Spot the obvious error

“and is equipped with foldable prongs for greater portability.”

2 Likes

And whats with the “unique compact design”
That thing looks massive!

2 Likes

That’s because it’s the USA Amazon blurb of a folding pin design copy paste to a UK with a glued on UK plug

I’m highlighting it so UK folks know to look at the image, not assume it is compact and encourage Anker to make all chargers have slide off plug adapter so it’s folding in USA and slide off in other areas to make it compact in all countries.

2 Likes

We have had this slide on/off mutli plug before and can’t see why a manufacturer wouldn’t do it. It has to make commercial sense.

2 Likes

That charger design is massive, not sure if it would stick / Stand well on AC sockets, 99% chances it will fall off on old sockets at most places. This would work only on a extender plugged into flat surface top-down.

1 Like

Would probably be OK in a UK 3 pin socket but don’t understand why they haven’t gone for the flatter squarer design.
I think in the US you have a charger in the style of a PowerCore, i like that design a lot @Shenoy

2 Likes