[New Release] PowerPort III 65W Pod Now Available!

Not even with an A to C cable for 10W? Powercores even PD ones keep a legacy A port.

2 Likes

Nope, not via C @Insider
It will charge on all A port chargers I have.

1 Like

Does this charger appeal to you at all? Or do you want dual ports?

1 Like

Hey @professor
I can charge via A, just not C.
Ill be interested, although won’t hold my breath, to see how the new III Nano fares.

As a rule I have pretty consistent battery usage on my phone so a “slow” 10w wireless charge at night suffices.
Just would have been nice to have the ability to 25w charge for a rapid boost if required.
Obviously I could use the a Samsung charger, but hey, that’s not what we do here right?

1 Like

IQ3 can of course under the hood stealthily evolve and have more tweaks to present more protocols.

As the Samsung phones out a few months now, you never know, the IQ3 latest version in the Nano may be do the trick.

So at present you get 10W wired from A-C , but remember 10W wired is faster than 10W wireless. So you’d still be carrying a Powercore to get 10W wired, just like I do with my 18W OnePlus only does 10W if it doesn’t see it’s own cable and its own charger. 10W is ample for most situations, my one bundled OnePlus charger is in a spot in home where I more often want a fast charge before going out.

2 Likes

Discounts to $25?

1 Like

That honestly would be pretty good deal

1 Like

If it’s launching at $40 then $32-33 is in next week or two.

$25 would take a while.

It would make sense to bundle with the 60W 26800. For… $99.

Higher wattage chargers don’t cost more in electronics, they cost more in more heatsinks so larger. Higher wattage in portable chargers cost you in less effective output, so less energy out in return for faster.

1 Like

Teardown

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1670185434068103519&wfr=spider&for=pc&sa=vs_ob_realtime

https://f12.baidu.com/it/u=2778723620,4104691417&fm=173&app=49&f=JPEG?w=640&h=427&s=CA81D702C8859ADA0B0245540300E0EE&access=215967316
https://f11.baidu.com/it/u=1954350667,1941509243&fm=173&app=49&f=JPEG?w=640&h=427&s=790434720F8172491E7810C60100E0B2&access=215967316

2 Likes

I believe this device is supposed to have update-able firmware. Is that correct @Insider ?

1 Like

Here is the source: http://www.chargerlab.com/anker-announces-new-lineup-of-products-and-firmware-upgradability-for-chargers-at-onboard-2019/

the text in question:

Anker also announced that its Power IQ 3.0 chargers and power banks will be able to support firmware upgrade in the future. More details are yet to be released, but we will definitely keep you posted on this exciting feature which might open new horizons for charging peripherals.

1 Like

I don’t think this one does, but yes, that is something Anker was supposedly working on. They did release one last year…

I am extremely sceptical this will be real.

There is a programmable chip in this but you then must have a need and a will to do it. Anker is historically slow to not-at-all deliver on futures.

In UK

Spot the obvious error

“and is equipped with foldable prongs for greater portability.”

2 Likes

And whats with the “unique compact design”
That thing looks massive!

2 Likes

That’s because it’s the USA Amazon blurb of a folding pin design copy paste to a UK with a glued on UK plug

I’m highlighting it so UK folks know to look at the image, not assume it is compact and encourage Anker to make all chargers have slide off plug adapter so it’s folding in USA and slide off in other areas to make it compact in all countries.

2 Likes

We have had this slide on/off mutli plug before and can’t see why a manufacturer wouldn’t do it. It has to make commercial sense.

2 Likes

That charger design is massive, not sure if it would stick / Stand well on AC sockets, 99% chances it will fall off on old sockets at most places. This would work only on a extender plugged into flat surface top-down.

1 Like

Would probably be OK in a UK 3 pin socket but don’t understand why they haven’t gone for the flatter squarer design.
I think in the US you have a charger in the style of a PowerCore, i like that design a lot @Shenoy

2 Likes