[New Release] PowerPort III 65W Now Available!

Initially announced at OnBoard last October, Anker has finally released its first 65W charger… Take a look at PowerPort III 65W!

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • High-Speed Charging: The 65W USB-C port provides enough power to fully charge iPhone 11 in less than 2 hours, and charge iPad Pro 11ʺ (2018) or Dell XPS 13 9380 in just 2 and a half hours.
  • Travel Ready: With an ultra-compact design and interchangeable plugs for use in the US, UK, and Europe, you won’t find a better travel charger.
  • Universal Compatibility: Equipped with our exclusive PowerIQ 3.0 technology for flawless compatibility with a huge range of devices including MacBook, iPad, and the majority of flagship mobile devices.
  • What You Get: PowerPort III 65W, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort III 65W is available to order now from amazon.com for $39.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first 65W charger? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

Note: A version with Power Delivery is also coming soon.

663E4955-6C8C-4CE0-9794-C1891A452A0D

4 Likes

I wish it was 2 ports and when you used 2nd port the 1st port went down to say 45W and the 2nd port became 18W. So 1 laptop full power or 1 laptop partial power + phone / tablet.

Even more useful then.

3 Likes

Great PowerPort @Insider
But have to agree with @professor, dual port with a fixed or intelligent step down would be super great.

3 Likes

Nice charger and I’m surprised it didn’t go for much higher

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking $59.99.

1 Like

It wouldn’t sell at that price.

Oh look, two port intelligent split.

The same electronics is sold to Ravpower and Anker. Ravpower makes a product, Anker…

2 Likes

I like “monumental compatibility” statement on the RAVPower product.

1 Like

I wonder how long until it goes on sale for $30-$35

1 Like

The median probability is $32.99 in 2 weeks. Their average first discount is 18%, the earliest they discount is a week.

2 Likes

I agree with @professor, it would have been nice if it was a 2 port charger.

2 Likes

I’ll remember to check the price in 2 weeks lol

1 Like

The average laptop is now 60W but will accept 45W, the average phone is now 18W but will accept 10W.

So you could buy a 65W charger, if plugged into your laptop would fully power it, but if you plugged in your phone then the laptop still is being charged, just slower, and phone being charged. The size of that 2nd port is tiny especially if you made them both USB-C.

The DC cable they made just calls for this to exist. It is exceedingly obvious.

Just like all the USB hubs which need their own power also cause the need for 85W and more compact 100W charger to exist.

I fail to see why Anker can’t just share a roadmap. It forces us to buy Ravpower, Aukey, etc for lack of knowing. The inference is if not in a roadmap, then it’s not coming so you must buy non-Anker.

£35 currently in UK.

This is entirely consistent with the last year+ of me prattling on about using powering off/on method to find intelligent redistribution. So it’s not like I not told them exactly how to do it months ago.

Thinks… do I give up as not listened to? Go to the dark side?

1 Like

20200612_223150

1 Like

Great charger!! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I might have missed something in the details - but anker already has a 2 port USB C 60W charger available.

Only problem I see is that the intelligent power allocation is only for Apple devices - it is not clear if that is also the case for the RAWPower model.

Another thing I find missing for Anker chargers with interchangeable plugs - there is no plug for the Australia/New Zealand/China outlets included or available, so not really a universal travel charger.
(you could of course say the same for the plugs used in India and South Africa - but these are only used in single countries, whereas you could make one plug adapter to fit three+ countries (Australia, NZ, China)).

1 Like

The method I described > a year ago works around the issue via periodically powering off and on the ports to sniff out the power needs. That has its downsides and some (Ravpower) implemented it and got the negative feedback - you periodically see power go out on a port. Apple products may need to be unplugged and replugged.

1 Like

5 months ago, I purchased another brand charger. 65W dual USB-C PD & USB-A. It does something like that. 65W on USB-C PD when it is the only port being used. When both are used, then 45W + 12W. Was $35 then, now $32.

I’d usually pay a 25% premium for Anker. Which means I’d pay $45 if Anker made a 65W dual port that would drop to 45W + 18W.

1 Like

Why?

I’m being slightly rhetorical, as I bought from the other brands before and found failure rate higher and customer service lower and when I factored my time and effort, the “pay cheap pay twice” kicks in. I implicitly get 90 days warranty on everything via credit card but there’s still the effort.

Currently I have someone who would benefit from a combo intelligent 60W / 45W+18W dual socket PD charger so I’m in the market, cautiously. They have a Lenovo laptop and iPhone and limited socket space, need a 2nd laptop charger so thinking the DC cable + a 60W / 45+18 combination would be ideal, assuming it all works.

I already figured that two ports has to be less efficient than 1 port, so if 1 65W port is used, 2 ports has to be a little less than in total than 65W. It takes a little more electronics loss to make two voltages (but not two currents) and as 65W = 20V and 45W = 15V, the 2nd port 18V must be 9V and 15V+9V concurrent must be a little less efficient than 20V.

I already also figured IQ3 should be lower cost than PD because the PD standard demands some very demanding asks including you must offer all the voltages overlapping each current range. If you are “PD compatible” vs actual PD then you can skip some combinations.

The two other makes do a A and a C port, that is not ideal, I’d prefer two C. That means you have to negototiate through PD to two devices. The Ravpower example offers from the A a 5V 2.4A to iPhone but for use of a longer cable I’d prefer 9V or even 15V. Efficiency doesn’t matter for a wall charger. But use of all 65W does matter. The Ravpower method has its drawbacks as the power must turn off/on/on/off to sniff out the Wattage need, the Aukey method is dumb, it simply when plugs in 2nd port just automatically drops to 45W even if the 2nd device would have been happy with 10W.

com-add-text%20(4)

1 Like

First, let me rephrase. I would normally pay UP TO 25% premium for Anker. And for the exact rationale that you described above. Time is money. I’ve tossed too many devices because they failed and I had no patience to return them. I would claim warranty if at all possible (principle!), but lately, anything to save time.

Actually, my most recent Anker purchase was at a 100% premium. I paid $40 for IndoorCams when Wyze cams run $20. Just so that I won’t have to install yet another app on my phone.

1 Like

Some review (Japanese, translate)

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv6473185/

1 Like