[New Release] PowerPort II PD (2 Ports) is Now Available!

I’m glad to see this high power usb C PowerPort.

Has anyone on here bought and used it yet?
Would love to hear of any real world experiences using it to charge a late model (2017/2018) Lenovo X1?

I am happy to test/ post a detailed review.

PowerPort II PD is currently on sale for $25.19 via Amazon with code VERGEAA3 applied at checkout. Great deal!

2 Likes

Interesting that they removed all images except the main one from the Amazon listing ($29.99, rated 4.2 :star:). Wonder if it’s a mistake…

One review I came across stood out to me:

No VoltageBoost By Alex Pankiewicz

USB-PD and QC3 works fine on this charger however measuring on the USB-A port, this device drops below 5V unlike my older Anker charger models which VoltageBoost keeps the voltage at or above 5V. This means iOS devices and other non-QC devices that get charged through the USB-A port will receive less power and charge slower than they would with a PowerIQ 1.0 charger with VoltageBoost.

Update: Customer service was very polite in refunding me for this item and its incorrect description, which has now been updated. You can see their admittance in reply to this review, why that they had to remove VoltageBoost from this device.

Since this was my first PowerIQ 2.0 device, customer service is kindly sending me another PowerIQ 2.0 device which happens to be a battery that I can test for VoltageBoost and other features. I will be reviewing that product separately.

Overall, I was hoping this could be the ONE charger with every protocol for the fastest possible charge with any device, but it seems to have just fallen short of that. I will look forward to future products that can achieve this.

Anker’s Response:

Dear Alex Pankiewicz,

Thanks for contacting Anker Customer Service Support! I fee regret to hear that you are not satisfied with the Anker PowerPort II PD wall charger.

A kind reminder that the Power IQ 2.0 has a big upgrade in electronic design. It can support more devices as we apply the newest protocol IC in this product. However, when passing the test for the TID certification from USB-IF, we have to remove the VoltageBoost feature to make sure that the PD port meets the specifications. Therefore, the charging speed for the non-QC/PD device will be slower when compared to the Power IQ 1.0 charger, sorry for that and thanks for your kind understanding here.

Be assured that Anker always take customer experience as top concern and we really want to help in this case. Please check user manual, search ”anker customer service” online to find the way to us or go through Amazon’s direct messaging service:
https://www.amazon.com/ss/help/contact/?encoding=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref=v_sp_contact_seller&sellerID=A294P4X9EWVXLJ

All of our products come with a worry-free 18-month warranty, and our friendly customer service professionals are always standing by to help.

AnkerDirect Customer Service Team

What are your thoughts on the lack of VoltageBoost with this charger?

Finally, it’s about time we start seeing the other products Anker showed off at CES pop up.

Several other PD PowerPorts, another PD PowerDrive (or at least another color), several other wireless chargers, PowerHouse 200, etc.

1 Like

Yes I can’t wait for the other PD devices showed off to come out. Also a little disappointed that it’s lacking voltage boost because it is already pretty large in size in comparison to some other chargers and to be missing voltage boost makes it less appealing

1 Like

Anker’s product line keeps expanding everyday it seems

2 Likes

Kind of wish it was a little smaller it looks like it would take up two outlets with ease

1 Like