[New Release] PowerLine II 3-in-1 Cable

First of all, Anker is on a roll lately. So far, I’ve come across 2 new items that has me wanting. :stuck_out_tongue: This would be an awesome cable for me to stick in my backpack with my Anker power bank while I’m out and about. Currently, I have to bring along a USB-C (GoPro), Lightning (iPhone), and a microUSB (for other items) cables. This would definitely be more convenient.

Some questions though…

1. how long are they?
  2. does the individual tips swivel? The white one shows the tips all on the right but the black isn’t.
  3. does stacking the tips on top of each other, really provide the most optimal speed in charging? compared to a straight cable.
2 Likes

Agreed, a little more information would be great.

3 Likes

I saw nowhere that the length is specified. But going by the price, I would assume it’s the “standard” 3 foot - 3.3 foot length

[quote=“Nhi, post:21, topic:61256, full:true”]
2) does the individual tips swivel? The white one shows the tips all on the right but the black isn’t.[/quote]
Yes, the individual tips swivel 360 degrees on the main cable

[quote=“Nhi, post:21, topic:61256, full:true”]
3) does stacking the tips on top of each other, really provide the most optimal speed in charging? compared to a straight cable.
[/quote]Stacking tips would not help things at all. If anything, adding any additional connectors/adapters would increase resistance and impede the voltage/current, not increase it. The average user wouldn’t really see any difference, one way or the other.

You also wouldn’t be stacking any more adapter tips than one…only one can be plugged in at a time.

2 Likes

First off, thanks for the reply. I suspected that was the case with the voltage/current. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for responding to @Nhi. To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure about the answers to any of the questions myself, so that’s why I didn’t

1 Like

Yeah! Put them in my Amazon cart. Yeah

2 Likes

I have been “patiently” waiting for Anker to make a 2-in-1 Micro USB/Lightning cable for a while now and it’s finally here but even better as a 3-in-1 Micro USB/Lightning/USB-C cable.

It’s part of Anker’s Powerline II lineup with an expected bend resistance of 12,000 as well as all the typical amazing features of these cables.

The cable itself is a Micro USB to USB Type A, 3 foot cable with two attached adapters: 1) Micro USB to Lightning 2) Micro USB to USB Type C.

Typical Anker quality build details like angled adapter connectors with the same dimensions across for a seamless cable as well as a little ring stopper on the cable head so the adapter loops don’t slide all the way to the other end of the cable.

Now to buy some more for travel, cars, office, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting! You’re welcome to start a new thread

1 Like

Lovely video! Thanks for your input, very intuitive performance!

1 Like

This looks awesome, especially for car. But can you please make a 6 foot version?

Also I’m still desperately waiting on 6 foot powerline 2+ usb c-usb a cables to become available. Are we ever going to see these?

1 Like

[quote=“Max_Siegler, post:30, topic:61256”]
can you please make a 6 foot version
[/quote]This would be nice![quote=“Max_Siegler, post:30, topic:61256”]
6 foot powerline 2+ usb c-usb a
[/quote]While I’m sure we’ll be seeing those by the end of the year, if you want something similar sooner, check out the premium double-braided nylon USB-A to USB-C cables. They were just released and are very affordable, so maybe these will be able to hold you over until PowerLine+ II USB-C comes out! Just something to consider…

https://amazon.com/dp/B07DC52K2G

1 Like

This looks super convenient. I usually don’t buy cables like that because they look like they are easy to break. These ones look really durable though and come with a lifetime warranty, I’ll be picking one up.

1 Like

Wait just a minute… Before you do, I have to tell you that, for a limited time, Anker’s PowerLine II 3-in-1 Cable is on sale for only $11.24 with code ANKER436!

Lol nice. Kinja just tweeted out that coupon code too.

1 Like

Thanks! I just picked up a black. Will be great in my backpack. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see there’s a black model in addition to the white variant. But amazon is only listing the white model, any news as to when we can purchase the black model?

Strange as it was available earlier today…

Indeed, that is rather odd. Maybe some last minute changes? I hope its relisted so I can grab a couple myself.

Could be very handy

I’m only seeing white as well, how strange. Guess I can wait for a black version