[New Release] PowerExtend 2 USB Mini is Now Available | Anker's Smallest Power Strip Yet!

Anker has just released its smallest power strip yet… Take a look at PowerExtend 2 USB Mini!

Specs

• 2 AC Outlets (100V—240V)
  • 2 USB Type-A Ports (12W Total Output)
  • 3.3" * 1.8"
  • 5’ Cable

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerExtend 2 USB Mini is available to order now from amazon.com for $13.99 and should begin shipping in four to five days.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s smallest power strip yet? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

9 Likes

Wow, that IS small. Only thing for me, is that it’s a 3 prong. Some of my outlets are only 2 prongs. I would say that this would be nice for traveling and using in hotels but I’d be scared that they don’t have 3 prong outlets.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Pros/cons. 3 prong reduces the electrical hum noise / sensation, but its it harder to find a socket. Personally I never traveled with 3 prong only 2 prong and my Anker 3 prong strips were used just in the house at 3 prong sockets.

2 Likes

That’s a very short cable. I would think a power strip like this would have a long cable

1 Like

Not a bad power strip for some applications, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Try again.

I don’t understand? 5’ is pretty short… I would expect at least 8’-10’ for a power strip like this

2 Likes

This PowerExtend 2 USB same as this post ?

The price is perfect @16.99 (with shipping) !!

1 Like

Definitely, 3-5mtr cable for this sort of thing.

5ft is a common length for Anker. They vary 5ft to 6.6ft.

The engineering challenge Anker has is these are high Wattage 3 cord so thick cords, and if you get excess it does not easily tidy away, so a just long enough need. Of course you can use 2 prong thinner types not from Anker for when you need to vary over a wider range of situations.

Perfect and excellent price point! Can’t wait for the PowerPort Plug 6!

1 Like

Actually $17.98, but yes, I was wrong. I would expect shipping to become free soon, bringing the total price down to $13.99. And of course there will be discounts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

with discounts… i think this will go down to $9.99 … that is a sweet price (are we a bit greedy now :sunglasses: , why not!)

1 Like

This is perfect. Small and very convenient

1 Like

At that price I might get one :+1:

1 Like

USA electrical system is different, it is roughly half the voltage of UK system, so for a given Wattage, it is roughly double the Amps.

Energy lost in a cable is to the square of the Amps, so for a given cable temperature you need to square the cross-section, so double the thickness.

So a mains cable in USA has to be twice as thick, four times heavier, than a UK cable.

Those USA thicker cables are harder to bend around, loop, tidy so there’s more downside to excess cable in extensions.

But you know the biggest problem? You have to wait twice as long to boil the kettle. Don’t even get me started on making toast.

The advantage of the US system is they do a 2-pin variant, the UK never did (apart from “shaver plugs” which are the Europe style 2 pin). That means you get Anker folding pins wonderfulness. And you get the 2-cord 2-pin where you can 3 electrical outlets in a space UK can struggle to fit 2. The lower voltage, which doubles the diameter of cables, also means you can keep the “brown” and “blue” wires nearer, as lower voltage is less able to arc spark jump so you don’t need the UK longer earthed pin to reduce arcing.

I think overall I prefer the USA electrical system, it works out on average smaller to travel with, but it does mean these USA earthed 3 cores extension systems tend to end up shorter than the UK earthed 3 cores equivalent.

Everything has a reason!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having a couple of those myself. I usually use larger strips like the six plug I have mounted beside my bed, but I can definitely see a lot of uses for that

2 Likes

Wow that’s a incredible size for what it’s doing and a amazing price!

2 Likes

This would make a great powerdraw item

2 Likes

UPDATE

Shipping is now free!