[New Release] PowerExpand 8-in-1 Now Available!

One USB-C , in the rear to the computer host port.

One USB-C IN , in the front for quick hook ups to my cameras, digital audio player, DAC, etc

Fixed?

1 Like

He also wants the SD card readers in front.

Media readers as well as USB-C input in the front, as requested above:

Won’t that make it square? Count the ports and play moving them around. C in and SD on same side means you have to put Ethernet same side as HDMI?

If you drew it, and had sound arguments, Anker could make it real. I’m pretty sure full and small SD have to be next to each other, but everything else is discretion.

1 Like

Why couldn’t you swap a USB-A port for USB-C?

I think that is counter to the premise. I assume the dongle flips up/down, the cable length then allows for right-angle, so the front/back/side which-side becomes irrelevant. It becomes purely a same-side discussion.

Power comes in from behind (from wall socket). HDMI goes to behind (monitor). So those should be same side. USB-A and SD are same side.

1 Like

This is a USB-C Gen 2 10Gbps hub that I own. AUX Audio Out, USB 3.0 and USB-C 10Gbps port in the front.
Rear, has DC In, USB-C out to host, HDMI, DisplayPort, Ethernet port, two USB 3.0 ports and two USB-A ports. Very nice, fast hub but no SD/Micro SD readers.

If I were to move to another hub, it would REQUIRE card readers and one to two USB-C Gen 2 ports in the front. Almost all of my devices use Type C, and my computer ATX tower doesn’t have Type C ports.

This is my main card reader. It only reads CFExpress cards and XQD cards. These are very fast cards used on high end cameras and video cameras. This is connected via USB-C in the rear of my tower.

I already have USB-A ports at close proximity, facing me. They are built into almost every desktop chassis or tower. I have USB-C ports in the back of my tower. Bringing them closer to me for quick connections (as I described above) would work for my application. Another argument for USB-C EVERYTHING.

1 Like

I was actually questioning why Anker couldn’t just swap a USB-A port for USB-C.

1 Like

So 1 C + 2 A becomes 2 C + 1 A?

1 Like

Yes, exactly!

The zoo of hubs does beckon daisy-chaining hubs.

I own this:

So you see has 3 A. But Anker make 4 A

So you could argue no A or just 1 A for a legacy and if someone needs more than add a C - many A dongle.

The zoo of hubs is because each need is unique.

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerExpand 8-in-1 is now available to order from amazon.com for $59.99 and should begin shipping on June 14.

@Imo_Iri

1 Like

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS Finally!!! :pray:

@AnkerOfficial
On a side note, do you know if this version will have a fabric version because it looks amazing.
page32image45752976

1 Like

I do not know. That would be a question for @AnkerOfficial.

1 Like

While it is stated how the adapter works with MacOs with dual external monitors and the laptop only, are the 2 external monitors still mirroring each other when the laptop is closed or does one pick up the laptop display for an extended display?

1 Like

Should follow the sale of the other 8-in-1 for $47.99 soon…

1 Like

@Insider @AnkerOfficial or anyone else who could help out on this matter

Quick question on this hub (and other pass-through ones like it). Is it necessary to have a charger plugged in when using the hub for other things like hdmi? It’d be pretty annoying to always have the charger for everything especially if my device is fully charged. I’m asking this because on amazon the description says…

“Supports up to 100W (minus 15W for operation) pass-through charging so you can power up a 15” MacBook Pro at full speed—all while accessing the hub’s other functions. (Charger not included).”

This is implies that the hub always needs a charger to work, but I’m hoping that I’m wrong.

1 Like

Did you look at the Amazon listing? I am seeing images where it is in use without power input.

I see USB C flash drive in, HDMI out, C with laptop. No power in.

I’m seeing Ethernet and laptop, no power in.

I see HDMI and C to laptop, again no power in.

There is only 1 picture showing power in.

1 Like

So that begs the question… why are 15W needed for operation? Just for power passthrough?

1 Like