[New Release] PowerCore III Fusion 5000 | Anker’s Smallest Portable Charger with Power Delivery is Now Available!

This part across the newer Powercore has been puzzling me. The Powercore 10000 PD had 18+10, but then subsequent Powercore then became 18 or 10 or both 12. The 18+10 I own, I metered it, it also did not overheat, so Anker knows how to make it, and they choose not to. Cost? more warranty claims? The 10000 PD Redux removed some of this.

Give Anker credit here. 18W from a single cell is a success.

Truth was there was never a need for C input for this, its input is the wall.

GaN would not really have helped in this product. The fusion of a cell within one encasing was always going to be struggle. The most impressive part is 18W out from one cell. I assume it is the same 26650.

If they know how to make 18W from 3.7V then expect a 30W PD Powercore 10000mAh in next months.

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerCore III Fusion 5000 is now available to order from amazon.com for $39.99 (plus $3.99 shipping at the moment) and should begin shipping immediately.

1 Like

I expect this to be discounted to around $30 before too long.

2 Likes

They tend to do 20% discount after 1 week so $32 , after a month a very short 28% discount to $29 then after 2 months it would be $20 and then flip up/down between $20 and $29 over a year, then slowly increase usually $21 - $30.

We’ll see…

1 Like

Nice product but don’t think it’s for me right now not desperate to get it and want to save up for other devices probably

1 Like

The worst part about the 15W shared power is the fact that it also applies to wall charger mode.

I wonder the cost saving in components.

A dime? A quarter? Probably more than a dime.

1 Like

I think I’ll wait for this price lol

1 Like

I am a little bit confused. There is the Anker PowerCore Fusion Power Delivery with 30W PD output and GaN tech. This feels like it’s going backwards. Or maybe it’s just me? Then again the one I mentioned retails for $100 and normally on sale for $60. Maybe that one is a different class all together?

1 Like

The main upgrade with this model is that the USB Type-C port is capable of outputting Power Delivery in battery mode. It is also targeting a different market with a much lower price.

Oh that makes sense. The one I mentioned is much more expensive even when on sale.

1 Like

Oh my, take a look at this review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2G8V0NP7QDXS9

Thoughts, @professor?

I’d say it is device specific. A typical phone does a saw-tooth on/off charging when full, this phone must be not quite dropping off enough to trigger.

Or, Anker fibbed and never tested or test just happened to be on a phone which fully stops charging to trigger.

Anker should address this.

1 Like