[New Release] PowerCore III Elite 25600 60W Now Available!

Based on how high a price the 45W bundle has maintained, e.g. in UK it’s never dropped below £75, implies people are willing to pay a high price.

There is no inherent reason for a 60W to cost more than say the 30W, other than people will pay the price.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerCore III Elite 25600 60W is now available to order from amazon.com for $159.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

Wow that’s pretty expensive

2 Likes

I can see laptop users having a need for such Powercore

2 Likes

The details are scarce and wonky.

So for example 18+60 = 75?

The numbers do not add up.

For 75W total to make sense, you’d probably need the two 18W ports to both operate at 9V or both operate at 5W , if they share 18W means 9V 1A or 5V 1.8A each. So the 60W port must, if 75W is correct mean it is 57W.

This needs placing in the hands of someone with the correct distribution of devices, meters, to know what you actually get.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that the USB-A ports drop from 18W total down to 15W total when the USB-C port is in use, though not sure why that would be the case.

I think these are correct:

1. 75W total.
  2. When 2 devices are plugged into USB-A ports and nothing on USB-C, then there is a total 18W output.
  3. When USB-C is used alone, then it is capable of 60W output.

When you have all 3 plugged in, then something’s gotta give. My guess is that the USB-C will be priority, so it try to do 60W if a compatible device is plugged in, then up to 15W will be distributed between the two USB-A ports. When USB-C drops to something less, then the USB-A can go up to 18W.

Don’t look at me …

2 Likes

So that is Anker’s conundrum, if you do that, then either you get different Watts per port based on the sequence you plug in, or they must turn off all ports when you plug in the 2nd / 3rd port and apply the algorithm.

If you look at reviews of how RavPower has done this, they do the latter and it scores negative on an existing device connected loses power when other ports begin being used.

Anker has always had very simple, but wasteful, algorithms in these multiports from an electronics perspective.

It would be cool if Anker asked us before product released, give us the options and we vote. Then what is released fits market requirements rather than the engineer’s guess.

2 Likes

Wow this keeps getting more confusing with the numbers not working. Hopefully Anker will have some type of answer for us soon. But if we are confused here I’m sure people looking on amazon are either just confused or think that it is false advertisement

1 Like

But why is this even needed? Surely an additional 3W does not produce significantly more heat…

So that means the error is 75W is actually a typo and is 78W.

Correct, 3W is small, so the error is… what?

1 Like

So I was just looking through some of the other pictures, and while a recharge time of three hours is impressive, it is not much faster than the 3.3 hours advertised from the 45W input of a larger battery:

The law of diminishing returns?

Also note the wrong plugs for a US listing…

So we encounter the wall of Anker’s errors, we can only guess so far usefully.

Let’s wait for folks to own and test it.

2 Likes
1 Like

They really need to start getting their errors under control. I know there were errors in the past of cables with only and 18 month warranty saying they had a lifetime one and a couple others so hopefully Anker will take the time to sort everything out

2 Likes

$99 now

2 Likes

Any ETA on European release?

2 Likes

Anyone, something? About European release.

1 Like

No official statement obviously.

So I guess.

The Powercore is international so it’s fine. The USA has a bundle with a USA only 65W PPS charger.

The Powercore has a very simple charger needs, 20V 3A so there exists already a way to bundle with existing 60W EU socket chargers.

So I don’t see any reason for there being a delay in shipping either the Elite by itself or in a bundle with charger.

094719b9wbadxao9xmoeue

I notice the Elite is taking 20.5V so it may work best with the 65W PPS, so they may be waiting for EU PPS charger, to then bundle with.

3 Likes

In europe i was able to buy the 65W powerport with the three “adapters” (term which i use loosley because you can acually change the prongs themselves, a great design if i might add), so there is already a way to charge it, but still no powercore III elite in sight.

Perhaps they are waiting for a combined release with the 100W version?

2 Likes