[New Release] PowerCore 20000 Redux

Anker is continuing their trend of releasing portable chargers without USB Type-C into 2019.

Features & details

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Days of Power: Packed with the power to deliver over 4.5 charges to iPhone X, 5 charges for Galaxy S9, or almost 2 charges to the 11-inch iPad Pro 2018.
  • High-Speed Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge for any device. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
  • Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system provides superior protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerCore 20000 Redux portable charger, Micro USB cable (USB-C cable and Lightning cable not included), travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerCore 20000 Redux is available to order right now via Amazon US for a cost of $49.99, and should begin shipping on January 29.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest portable charger? Do you still have a need for Micro-USB input? Let us know everything you’re thinking with a reply down below!

11 Likes

sigh Yesterday, the PowerCore Jump Starter Mini that I won in the Late Christmas Gift giveaway arrived. It came with a micro-usb cable, but doesn’t have a micro-usb port anywhere on the physical charger. I definitely do not need Anker to include another micro-usb cable in anything I purchase from or am gifted by them ever again.

As far as the Redux goes, it feels like they’re just re-releasing older products without really making any “upgrades” to it. I don’t know how many people are familiar with “The Simpsons,” but it reminds me of this line from the “Lisa vs. Malibu Stacey” episode in season 5:

3 Likes

I agree micro usb in dying and usb c is the future. It’s 2019 I had hoped all of Anker new releases this year would be usb c instead of micro I understand the hesitation when usb c first came out but now it’s really common on phones computers and now even iPads. I keep waiting for Anker to take a step forward and they won’t. Still a great product but not what I expected for this year.

3 Likes

Good find @joshuad11 :thumbsup:

Yes It’s disappointing but it is also a redux model that chances are, was in production since the end of last year before announcement…any USB-C based ones I would think will be for new standalone products, not updated / rehash variations…

1 Like

This will take a long time.
We are not the only ones in the world.
There might be others NEVER heard about USB-C. :wink:

Ok good point but then Anker could be the ones to introduce them to it.

But you need the items which could be charged this way.
NOT too many now.

This is a nice find! Thanks @joshuad11

Trickle charging the smaller devices interests me, my brother’s birthday is fast approaching, this looks like a perfect fit.

1 Like

Quick question @joshuad11

How do you get the details on new product releases ? Did Anker provide these details to Senior community members / Contributers or do you search Amazon for new updates?

1 Like

Search, research all Anker channels and watch Amazon for new product drops

4 Likes

It’s nice to see Anker going into the USB C whelm. Unfortunately, I think it’s going to take a bit longer for the USB C to be the norm. Hopefully it’ll be sooner then later that other companies will adopt the USB C.

2 Likes

The bigger the Powercore the more you need:

• how power input to recharge faster “Recharges in 9 hours.” Anker could get this down to 5 hours if they wanted to.
  • it to recharge larger devices like laptops and so need a minimum 20V output

The bigger the Powercore the more it can:

• run cells in series to offer more voltage
  • recharge faster across more cells.

So this version of Powercore is good for:

• phones, off-grid for days / week

This is not good for:

• tablets, laptops

What is happening is laptops are moving from 19V barrel chargers to USB PD so there is a widening gap between the best Anker can do and what Anker actually does.

3 Likes

The only MicroB I need is due to Anker. So Anker is trailing innovation.

I have a 27 month old 26800 which apart from size is better than this 2019. It does not leave the house as the amount of energy I need for longest time off-grid is less than 26800 apart from laptops which will need more wattage than these to work.

4 Likes

Thanks for helping all us with great deals :ribbon:

1 Like

[quote=“ndalby, post:4, topic:65714”]
it is also a redux model that chances are, was in production since the end of last year before announcement…any USB-C based ones I would think will be for new standalone products, not updated / rehash variations
[/quote]Ok, but that doesn’t change the unfortunate reality that Micro-USB ones are being released while USB-C ones aren’t…

[quote=“cshenoy, post:9, topic:65714”]
How do you get the details on new product releases
[/quote]This[quote=“elmo41683, post:10, topic:65714”]
Search, research all Anker channels and watch Amazon
[/quote][quote=“cshenoy, post:9, topic:65714”]
Did Anker provide these details to Senior community members / Contributers
[/quote]This is supposed to be happening, but it’s not, at least not yet. Any and all of my posts ATTM are about information available to the public. If/when Anker starts sharing insider information with senior members and/or star contributors, we would likely not be able to share it early.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone! Seems like most of us are in the same boat, confused and frustrated.

1 Like

I agree my only micro usb Products are Anker products. And other Anker products I go to buy from Anker I don’t because I’m waiting for the usb c version to come out such as headphones.

1 Like

Just the same old gear with a new nicer looking case. :confounded:

But but but it has trickle charge :unamused:

1 Like