[New Release] PowerConf

Hey @ikari04warrior
We supply some IP PoE Polycoms units are work from £250 to £650 ($325 to $845)
But they are an actual phone to so can connect to a PBX as an extension or to a handset on a hosted system.

1 Like

First off, I love the design. It’s small, wireless, aesthetically pleasing to look at, and sounds impressive. I could definitely business people rejoicing for something that isn’t so cumbersome to set up and stationary. I’d even say that the price is decent, especially for portability and ease of use. My husband would have loved to use it at his job back in the days when he had conference meetings between different hospitals.

2 Likes

This would be very helpful to me!

1 Like

@AnkerInsider Is the AUX port on the back of the unit only for stereo audio out, or will it connect to a wired microphone cable?

1 Like

Hi @Roger_Miksad, I believe it is for audio out only.

Bet the audio it’s pretty good

1 Like

I am not claiming 100% error free interpretation but I am getting the impression Anker is working on a Powerconf like product which transcribes the audio of a meeting and converts to text which is then stored in the device along with the original audio.

So add a bit of storage and Internet connection so it becomes a recording device and has access to a voice-to-text conversion server to then also record a text version. Seems the Internet connection is via phone or PC.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20200118569.pdf

I think Oceanwing owns Anker and that’s how I am tying them together.

If i am in error gladly delete!

1 Like

Good deduction, theory.

Why do all this on a Hardware when this is already possible on Cloud solution? Webex, zoom do this and can be stored on OneDrive.

I got my own powerconf delivered today… Need to pick it up. Finally get to test it out myself :grin:

3 Likes

I think its because it’s a box which does it , rather than purely in software in phone / PC ?

But yes a puzzling patent.

Their older patents are dull, it’s the Zero, the Neo case and a Powercore II design.

2 Likes

You’re right to a point.
As I find I use my mobile a fair bit to make conf calls so a recording facility would be handy for me.

1 Like

Though recording on local device may be good… What happens if you lose the device? Cloud Conference option makes the data for voice and screen available, independent of the device, anywhere…

Cloud solutions makes life easy to some extent

1 Like

I was hoping for removable storage.
Cloud helps but can be uploaded easily from a USB or SD card.

1 Like

Within the caveat I’m quite possibly in error, I’d say you’d have a local copy and the cloud copy, it uploads, transcribes, downloads, so it exists in both. Probably rotates oldest data as it gets full locally.

But your point why would anyone want it given most calls are conference services which do their own recording…

Plus very few now record voice they record video conferencing, screen capture.

1 Like

If you’re in a video conference it’s probably not useful but if you’re doing a video presentation, and want to upload the replay after, you’d instantly get the video from whatever service you use plus a transcript of what you said. That would be saving you a lot of time for the subtitles.
You’d just have to upload a file and boom you’d have a video with subtitles !

And even though the patent doesn’t give much details, it seems to be relying mostly on software, so maybe just a firmware update on the PowerConf ?

2 Likes

It mentions local storage, I don’t think the Powerconf has it? So add, say, a SD slot? Anker has had SD slots in other products, like the original Soundcore Mini.

If you did add SD card, then it can also simply have MP3 on it and become an MP3 player. Not it’s primary purpose but a very low cost feature to add so it becomes your central sound device, playing, recording, speaker, microphone and recharges your phone which runs most of the apps.

2 Likes

PowerConf doesn’t have local storage :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s correct it doesn’t.
Unless there is an internal storage that we aren’t aware of and that isn’t activated yet. Kind of like a cache memory that would store the transcript during the call and then empty to the computer or connected storage device through USB ?

It is farfetched but that’d be great considering that they already have a product on the market that could fill this role. Or maybe a future “Pro” version of the Powerconf …?

If you look at the dates of their earlier patents, they seem to use it aroud the time a product is in the field, more as a way to protect from clones.

I’m probaby wildly wrong on this one.

1 Like

The trademark also implies a product range and read the functionality, it matches the patent.

“downloadable mobile application for connection and managing conference phones”

So I’m pretty sure this is real. Notice in the above the USB part, so not wireless, so it may not pass through FCC. This could be a software add-on to the existing hardware but the mention of storage, combined with the trademark, means I think this is future products.

I predict 2020/1 will be highly profitable for innovators in work-from-home.

1 Like

Good finding ! So excited for future products :slight_smile:

But look at the first diagram, they talk about SPP and HFP which are two bluetooth profiles, meaning that it’ll probably go through FCC. I think they might just have indicated that both scenarios would be working.

2 Likes