[New Release] PowerConf S3 Now Available!

Hi!
I got my one today. The sound quality is great. I have only one issue. I am using it for my PC and mobile phone. With the Jabra 510 I can connect both devices in parallel. With the anker I can’t. Do you know, is this not possible or do I may something wrong?
Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

PowerConf original can connect 2 devices in Parallel - one over Cable and other over BT. I thought PowerConf original and S3 only had cosmetic.changes of cloth… But it may be not!

Please update PowerConf to latest firmware using Soundcore App and verify.

If not, reach out to Anker Support support@anker.com

2 Likes

I think they meant only 1 BT connections concurrent, Jabra is 2 BT concurrent, Powerconf is 1 wired and 1 BT concurrent.

2 Likes

that’s correct - PowerConf can connect to only 1 device over BT & one over the USB-C cable.

PowerConf+ may be a bit of help with the USB Dongle …

2 Likes

Nice review!!!

2 Likes

This is not a review…

3 Likes

ok, Thank you for the feedback. I am already in contact with Anker Support. From the technical point it should be no issue to connect with 2 devices over BT.

2 Likes

Not a review

3 Likes

Started to bug you too has it? :grimacing:

4 Likes

there have been at least 5-6 posts with similar thing now :wink: … i try to unsee it

3 Likes

Once you notice, it can’t be unseen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Everyone I’ve calling using this has said i sounds quiet and very distant. I have it in front of me no more than 60cm away and they struggle to hear me.

Anyone else experience this ? Its not what I was expecting for a conference phone replacement ?

2 Likes

Hi @Paul_Meredith
I’ve used mine a lot more recently and can’t say I’ve had that mentioned. The feedback on this forum I’ve seen is positive.
Have you tried it with a different device just to make sure it’s not that?
There has also been some updates recently so worth jumping on the app and installing those too.

1 Like

@Paul_Meredith i would suggest you update your PowerConf to latest version of firmware using Soundcore App and choose Single-Person Mode.

Also, which device are you using with PowerConf - PC or Smartphone?

PC has additional settings for microphone…

60cms is a fair distance and PowerConf picks the voice very well for this distance.

Hope to hear from you.

1 Like

Just received my PowerConf S3 today and I am having similar problems to @Paul_Meredith - the microphone is not picking up sound very well. I am using a laptop with Windows 10 and when sitting ~50cm away my voice barely registers on Windows’ audio input power meter. People on the other end of the line have trouble understanding me, and I’m disappointed when I do the Microsoft Teams call quality check and record myself.

Troubleshooting so far:
-I’ve gone into Windows 10 audio settings and attempted to boost the audio input gain but it is already at 100/100.
-I’ve tried updating the firmware via the SoundCore app on both iOS and Android, and both versions of the app report my PowerConf S3 is running v26.06 and that this is the latest firmware. I suppose the S3 has a different FW version than the regular PowerConf?
-I’ve also checked mic quality when paired with my cell phone and it is equally poor.

Unless someone from Anker, @Shenoy, or anyone else has ideas, I’ll probably be returning my S3 on Monday. Current mic sound quality is on par with my laptop’s built-in mic.

1 Like

@acdcatx Latest firmware on my PowerConf (Original) shows as 26.48.may be it’s different for S3. Did you update via Soundcore App. If not, try that and use the single person mode.

Would suggest contacting Anker Support support@anker.com

2 Likes

I received my PowerConf S3 two days back, and I am having a problem that the microphone is not picking up sound very well when using Zoom meeting. I am sitting front of device closure, however the people on the other end of the line have trouble understanding me, mostly they feel like I speak at a distance. I have raised a ticket and following up with the Anker Support team. I hope they will resolve my issue, if the PowerConf S3 doesn’t pick the voice very well and not crystal clear to the other end, then I probably need to return to Amazon.

Blockquote

My PowerConf S3 directly connects to Windows 10 laptop via the USB. From my iPhone soundcore app (v2.5.1), I have selected “Single-Person Mode”. The PowerConf S3 firmware is up to date (v29.12).

Blockquote

Check you’re using the S3 microphone not the laptop microphone, a test where you are in your own meeting and using a phone on mute then tap on things til you find which microphone is used is a debug method.

In settings look to ensure using S3 microphone.

Just purchased the original PowerConf so I hope I am not missing out on features of the S3, but it isn’t clear what’s new and improved from the original.

As far as the posts here seem to imply, it is the same hardware and just different cosmetics. The bundle with the bluetooth dongle is the one to buy as issues source back to bluetooth.

There was an obvious large spend by consumers in the mass work from home migration began a little under a year ago, less change now as most who needed bought by now.

I doubt you’d see much difference in newer in performance/features.

1 Like