[New Release] Magnetic Cable Holder Now Available!

Right — forgot the magnets would add some heft; even a slight concavity to the bottom foot would probably keep it stuck to a table like mine. Good call, @paulstevenewing!

3 Likes

Hey @SpencerJames
Or maybe it needs little suckers in each corner (like a car windscreen phone mount)?
I guess time will tell!

3 Likes

Wow the aesthetic design of this is amazing. I need one! Only thing id change is to have the color of the Anker logo the same color as the rest of the cable holder

2 Likes

Brilliant idea, the frustration of losing a wire down the side of the bed or desk. This is perfect

2 Likes

Extremely useful for someone like me who is disabled. Would keep my cables secure and prevent me tripping over them!
Barry

2 Likes

I like the look of these, quite compact and tidy, think it might work well if it can be attached vertically as I’m currently looking for something to keep a bunch of cables tidy that I have hanging loose at the moment!

2 Likes

I really like the fact that it allows you to adjust the five cable holders. I’m in agreement with the others that there should be at least some color with the “Anker”. Hope the price isn’t too step for an accessory.

2 Likes

I would like one of these because i leave my lightning cable hanging on my bed post and it’s annoying almost tripping over it when i get out bed every morning

2 Likes

Everyone, just remember Maxwell’s Equations:

(source)

The 3rd one is where a changing magnetic flux induces an electric field. It’s one of the principals which makes electricity in power generators.

If you place a wire near a magnet, it will induce a small electrical current in the wire. It’s a tiny effect, which won’t be noticeable for DC electrical cables, but you’d not want it where data is being transmitted. Data = changing electric flux.

The first reviewer who placed their AC power cord through it and complains of a hum, or used it for a Thunderbolt cable and complains of lower data rates… will see my eyes roll.

DC static cables, perfectly fine, zero effects.

5 Likes

I think it looks pretty cool. It may be cool if the 5 holders had a letter on each holder to spell out Anker.

5 Likes

That’s a great Idea.
Even all your cables are from the same color its easy to match!
We do crowd design.
May in the future we will be more involved to do.
I will try.
Not so good, not the perfect perspective.

Will do perfectly if I get one for “testing”! :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Great idea @Chiquinho @Duane_Lester
A development on that could be wattage stickers (18w, 45w etc etc).
So you know which cable is fast charging etc.

5 Likes

Not mine, Duane got the idea.
I tried only to give it a little bit more of “view”

5 Likes

Or put the wattage numbers on the opposite (bottom) side of the letters side.

1 Like

Would be a good option for people that want the stickers. Don’t think it would be a good thing to just bundle with every holder since some might just not use it creating extra waste. Maybe there’s a better way to do it as well

1 Like

Stickers. may be some do need or want these.
Not me, I see no use of those.

I think there are many who would like a cap.
I really would use and wear it,
as I usually wear such one all the day, summer and winter
Even in the house. the cap is quite a part of me.
I will be a everlasting advertising pillar!

We have already designed one! :smiley:

cap2

Simple but impressive! :grinning:

4 Likes

Like that idea too @Duane_Lester
Seems we’ve all had opinions on improvements or what this should be before we’ve had any hard and fast details.
I’m excited to see what the final product is.
Ill certainly be looking to get one of the price is right.

1 Like

Pink one Paul! :rofl:

2 Likes

I want one!! I wear a hat all the time so my head doesn’t look like this :hot_face: . Dang thinning hair lol.

Looks good, could it come in more colours?

2 Likes