[New Release] DashCam S1

I’m seeing different… Is this wrong?

That comparison chart doesn’t include the C1 Pro.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Im quite confused by the fragmentation here, and how each dashcam fits in the overall hierarchy… I mean this dashcam has all the features of the c2 pro, a better more discreet design and to my untrained eye - a better sensor and chipset combo ( i prefer the image quality of Novatek chipsets over Amberella). Yet i dont understand why the c2 pro is more expensive.

Similarly i dont understand why the A1 is cheaper than the C1 , despite having WiFi and higher temp resistance

3 Likes

I am actually looking for one. But I don’t know which one is the best. Any advice ?

Looks like the biggest difference is the Sony stravas sensor and the fact that the s1 records at 60fps vs 30fps for all of the other Roav cams.

2 Likes

C2 Pro also has this sensor.

Seriously, this lineup is already becoming way too confusing. 6 models with largely minor differences.

2 Likes

Pretty awesome that it comes with the 32gb cards!

1 Like

And still no dual camera system or an option to link a rear dash cam

looks very tempting going to wait it out for a sale or something

It’s actually $20 off right now!

Looks class

Not sure what is the difference between C1 and this?

The sensor is the biggest difference that you will actually notice and see with the videos it shoots and captures

Frankly, Roav seems completely tone deaf with the release of this product. It’s yet another marginal refinement to the C1 family and appears to not address almost anything listed in this thread beyond some unquantified improvement to the sensor:

What improvements would you like to see?

1 Like

C1 Pro does 60fps @ 1080 also

Trying to get a detailed manual. Does anyone know how I can stop this dashcam from speaking out “started recording”, *power lost", etc?

1 Like

There is an icon with a musical note. It is called “machine (something)” Just tap the check mark button to disable.

I own both of the S1 and C1 Pro and I’ve done side by side video comparisons in daylight but not night yet. I was hard pressed to find a license plate I could read on the C1 pro that I could not read on the S1. I have them both mounted to my front windshield at the moment. They are nearly identical (both running their highest resolution). There were 1 or 2 places at more extreme angles I could make out a plate on the C1 Pro that was not very readable on the S1, but they are nearly identical. I compared them by copying the file to my computer and looking at the video on a large monitor.

2 Likes

Thanks for your review. If night time recording shows a negligible difference, then higher resolution (C1 Pro) seems to be the winner. Higher resolution during the day will make a difference.

1 Like