[New Release] AUX Adapter with Lightning Connector

Can’t say I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought it was worth a post :slight_smile:

Model Number: A8193

3.5mm Audio Adapter with Lightning Connector
Seamless Audio Experience for Lightning Devices

Universal Compatibility
The 3.5mm female adapter works with virtually any 3.5mm audio device, including earphones, headphones, and audio cables.

Distortion-Free Audio
Music, podcasts, and more are seamlessly transmitted to your headphones with no drop in audio quality.

Zero Installation
Whether connected to your phone, laptop, or your car’s audio system, you’ll get instant, uninterrupted connection with no installation necessary.

Built to Last
Constructed with premium materials and a 12,000-bend lifespan to withstand every twist, tug, and tangle.

-

Availble to order now on Amazon US for $19.99

6 Likes

I don’t see this product selling well. The audience is tiny. So first it’s narrowed down to just iPhone users. And then it’s only people who use wired buds, which is almost no one. Then it’s people who want a separate cable from the one that came with there iPhone. And then then it’s someone who would pay $20.

Yeah, I don’t see this thing selling much…

I suppose there’s a market for it, and I guess if someone is deadset on sticking to wired headphones and loses their Apple dongle this is a good option. I’ve moved on to bluetooth, though.

$20 seems extraordinarily high given even with Apple tax , the official Apple dongle is only $9

Also it feels like the main conceptual issue with the Apple dongle is not its durability, but the fact that people keep losing the damn things. Which means losing a $20 dongle is gonna hurt a lot more than losing a $9 one

3 Likes

Wouldn’t this work for those in cars with an AUX port… My car is newer and has bluetooth but its only designed to work Apple. I use Android so I have to use the AUX port. There are still a lot of people using cars that only have AUX ports. In my car, my wife would use the AUX port with iPhone 11. she would need one of these.

I don’t see these being a major seller but a great option for those who want a higher quality adapter.

iPhones come with one though. Why upgrade to an anker one for something so minute?

that is a good point. I forgot they still came with those. I bet just like their other cables, they won’t last and aren’t made as well as Anker’s. It might be a good replacement after the other one can’t be used.

How long will it take to wear out?

1. You don’t use it as much as you use cables
  2. Since it’s smaller, it’s actually much more durable than the cables
  3. By the time it wears out too much, I would hope you don’t need it anymore, as pretty much everything is Bluetooth now…
1 Like

I agree with you. However there are some people that prefer AUX cord over Bluetooth. My wife doesn’t like Bluetooth all that much and was concerned about this same issue. I’ve got her into a pair of wireless earbuds but she still keeps her wired earbuds in the car as a backup.

You also have to keep in mind, not everyone buys a new car every few years. Most of the people I know put 200k or more on their vehicles. Mines a 2013 and has bluetooth but the AUX cable creates a better sound profile so I would use the AUX cable for whatever phone I used. My car only has 95k and I plan to keep it another 3 to 5 years. At that point my new truck will will have car play and I won’t have to worry about it.

I buy a New car has little as possible. I say new, but I always buy used. Right now I’m rocking a 2006 corolla with 135k on it. Expect to have it for another 5-10 years hopefully.

When I bought it, it didn’t have Bluetooth. I upgraded the stereo for $60 and it now has Bluetooth. I think most people will have done this in the next few years…

2 Likes

You should be able to get that with the corolla. Great little cars. Before my Subaru blew its motor I was about to upgrade the radio to a Android Car Play / Apple Car Play system. With my new car I was told I couldn’t update because the radio is part of the computer system and would cause all sorts of possible issues. I’m not sure I believe this and will have to research it.

1 Like

Handy for those who love wired earbuds lol

Yeah but like then why wouldn’t you use the one that comes with your iPhone already? (Except if you threw it away which actually A LOT of people did originally)

But then ok what benefits does this have over the $9 Mega Official Apple one?

The main issue people have with dongles isn’t durability , it’s losing them. So why spend 2x the price for something you’re likely to lose. Or alternatively if you’re not likely to lose it, then the value proposition is still kinda low with it being $20

I agree with you, I think I’ve seen some at Walmart for $5 to $10

If you have an AUX port, what I did was get a Bluetooth adapter that has an AUX port.

Turn on car, phone pairs with adapter, turn on stereo, play music.

Like this seems a better option imho for the car

I don’t agree. Not everyone and their grandma has wireless earbuds and even more simply don’t like to go through the bother of pairing and possibly having to enable Bluetooth and jump through those hoops for something that can be pretty spur-of-the-moment.

Some just want to plug in and have music/audio without fiddling with things. The newer BT models (mostly used by technophobes) greatly simplify the process but not everyone has these. There are nearly ALWAYS wired earbuds somewhere in house. On top of that, their “charge level” is always non-existent.

Many times, I myself simply grab those…

I have/had one of those as well. They work fine. Some better than others. And that would be what i recommend over using an AUX cable.

For my wife she prefers the cable over the a bluetooth adapter.

I don’t know anyone who used wired buds. And in case you’re wondering basically no one I know is into tech… I have to help them all update their phones…

I think Apple is going to move to type C next year so with that it would decrease demand on this guy!

iPhones no longer come with this dongle, so there is a market…however the Apple version is $9 so Anker is pricing themselves out of competition.