New Release - AnkerPort Strip PD

Now up for ordering on Amazon.com at $39.99, in stock on 10th Nov 2018. Click image for Amazon link.

More details to be added as they are confirmed

• High-Speed Charging: Deliver an optimized 30W charge to USB phones, laptops, and tablets with USB-C Power Delivery, and Anker’s world-renowned PowerIQ technology delivers 12W for USB-A.
  • Space-Saver: Designed to take up as little desk room as possible, with a compact plug that keeps your other wall outlets free.
  • Superior Safety: Overload protection and a fire-retardant casing ensure complete protection for you and your devices.
  • Flexible Placement: Place on the side of your desk, the wall, or anywhere else you can think of with the included adhesive stickers.
  • What You Get: PowerStrip Pad, 2 × adhesive stickers, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Specs:
Input: 125V ~ 60Hz 10A 1250W
USB C Output: 5V ⎓ 3A / 9V ⎓ 3A / 15V ⎓ 2A / 20V ⎓ 1.5A
USB A Output: 5V ⎓ 2.4A Max
Dimensions: 110 × 110 × 20 mm / 4.33 × 4.33 × 0.79 in
Weight: 249.5 g / 8.8 oz

10 Likes

Ouch, $39.99 is a lot to dish out for this. If it was in the$20’s I would be all for it

3 Likes

Definitely. And also, if it was a more conventional shape (Hockey puck… not fun to step on when stuff is plugged into it) it would be better.

I’m thinking this is more so meant for people to place in areas where the plug is harder to reach, so less chance of it being stepped on.

I want il ne because my plug is behind and under my bed, so this would bring the USB charging ports to the top or side to my nightstand.

True. Regardless, it does seem like an interesting design.

wish the outlets rotated. That would have been a nice touch but still a good product. Glad anker is jumping on usb C

I concur. That is a bit steep.

Thanks for sharing. That’s a nice power strip. This would be perfect for my travel gear. It would charge my notebook and LCD screen and all my phone and other gear.

At home you have known fixed needs, and so in some situations this would be perfect. Travel you need more flexibility because you do not know what you’ll be forced to use. How is this any better than a stock USA extension cord with the 3 sockets at the end and a Powerport to match your devices?

Also, its 3-prong, they are bad when traveling and you usually have to carry a 2-prong adapter and makes it protrude and more likely fall out of a typically worn socket.

What I’m doing is pushing everything to USB and aim to use Powercore, and interim I carry a 12ft extension cord which is like $10 usually with 3 sockets and carry chargers to plug in the end, works everywhere I been. In fact those USA extension cords work better outside of USA like in UK when you just put 1 US-UK converter on the end then get to use 3 USA sockets on the end as Anker better supports US than UK.

Almost every outlet in the hotels, houses, cafes, public buildings, and airports I have been in the US have 3 outlets and not two that I have stayed or used. Generally I find that older houses and buildings have the two prong outlets.

When I travel for business or fun I travel with a notebook computer with a large 20+ inch flat screen while in the hotel or the place I’m staying. I carry a cell phone and tablet that will use while traveling (in flight or stopped for rest break on long road trips). My external hard drive is USB powered.

When I have my camera gear with my I carry two 2 battery chargers that are USB powered. I also carry a large Anker Powerbank and small power bank. That’s about all the stuff I need to keep charged.

For my needs it will work and cut down on weight and extra tech gear that I currently need to keep my gear charged. As of right now I only need 2 USB ports. My phone, tablet, camera batteries can charge in one of the 6 USB outlets in my car if needed. If I’m flying I would need a couple of extra USB ports to charge my stuff. But since I won’t carry my flat screen with me, I could add another wall charger.

If I were to travel overseas, I wouldn’t want this device, but since I’m not familiar with I would need overseas. But I do know I wouldn’t a large travel tech kit. When my wife went to Bora Bora for 7 days she carried 2 adapters, 2 power banks, a couple of different cables, and a small camera and the charger. She was perfectly fine. The hotel even offered her extension cords and adapters if needed.

As to a extension cord with a 3 outlet end. Many of those cords are cheaply made, come with a 2 prong outlet, and have no surge protection. Plus my laptop is a 3 prong so I would have to carry an adapter or purchase a different cord. I prefer to plug into a protected outlet if I can.

I will admit for other users this product may not be ideal. But for some it will work.

I’ve noticed recently a change in extension cord sockets being more universal looking

1 Like

Looks interesting

The only thing to change, would be the plug, and it makes it suitable for international sales

Here is another version with what can use the sockets…