[New Release] Anker PowerCore AC 22000

Yes, the new PowerHouse has a PD port (for input and output)

3 Likes

Just need the release date. If this new Powerbank had 2.0, I’m sure it would sell much more. For it’s size basically says a semi truck with a gasoline engine. Yes you can haul different types of loads like charging different devices, however it’s going to be much slower and efficient.

Do you mean PowerIQ 2.0?

Yes the Power IQ, which raises another question: say you use the AC to charge you phone for example and use a 2.0 or other Anker wall charger, will this increase the output or will it be based on the unit itself? Like using a converter to increase the output.

I would assume the outlet would supply the normal voltage and whatever device you plug into it will ramp up the power via it’s own internal circuitry to charge whatever device that is plugged into that plug

1 Like

@elmo41683 @ximage29 @Nhi @Jesse_Hernandez1

Update: The price has dropped to $149.99 on the Amazon US listing. Thoughts?

2 Likes

That was quick and my guess about the price was not far off. I think it was hard to sell at 200$ but 150$ seems a lot more reasonable. These ac power banks are kind of specially products but invaluable to those who need them. For example You could use this to power a 87watt ac block for a MacBook pro.

1 Like

Don’t believe it is for input til a review to prove it.

If it is for input then we’ll need the full PD car charger, PD output solar panel.

1 Like

The most defensible argument I heard for these AC portable devices are for those with breathing difficulties for AC-only CPAP.

The other situations seem somewhat illogical. If you’re with a vehicle it can output electricity via its 12V DC. If you’re not with a vehicle you are at home and then a much bigger UPS has more energy for less cost. If you’re not home nor in a vehicle then you’re backpacking so then its a weight/benefit issue and why would you be carrying an AC-recharged laptop anyway? You’d be more likely with just a phone, or a smaller tablet with DC input. The cost of these AC output powerbanks is comparing to a lower end tablet.

Clearly Anker is making these because there is a market. But for me it is a puzzling market.

Car charger here
Good luck getting the solar panel. Anker just discontinued all of their current ones. By the way, was the original PowerHouse ever able to receive solar input anyway? I know it was an advertised feature.

Yes other companies have fold up 18 volt output solar panels but Anker never released one that would.

2 Likes

Good to see Another expanding into history

1 Like

That explains the deal with the solar panels as it says unavailable on Amazon

Keep in mind, that just because Amazon says something is unavailable, doesn’t always mean the product is discontinued.

I’m not a huge fan of the proprietary charging. The lack of usb-c is also a turn off. I would much rather spend the extra $50 on the better speced mophie AC model. It also goes on sale often.

That’s just my opinion.

1 Like

It does allow it to be recharged in 3 hours but i agree
another type-c or micro input would have been nice.

Same charge time can be done with usb-c. The Omnicharge usb-c, and mophie AC are proof of that.

2 Likes

This one is legit. On my post I reported the higher price to see if it was a mistake, but seems to be pulled. No official word from Anker on the situation.

It’s $119 with coupon code available on the PU page.

I’m still curious why this wouldn’t use USB C with PD for in/out port :slight_smile:

1 Like