[New Release] Anker PowerCore AC 22000

Introducing PowerCore AC 22000

Here in the Community, there have been several requests for a power bank (other than the PowerHouse) that features an AC plug and can charge older MacBooks. However, there have been nearly just as many arguments that the addition of AC would result in a significantly less efficient transfer of power than USB, which is a crucial point for devices that we want to be compact and light. Today, we see the outcome of both sides of this debate.

PowerCore AC packs in an AC plug capable of outputting up to 90W and 2 USB Type-A PowerIQ 1.0 ports with a total power output of 5V/4.2A, but interestingly, no USB Type-C PD ports. It is recharged at 17.6V/3A, which allows the unit to be powered up from 0% to 100% in just 3 hours.

Key Features:

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by America’s leading USB charging brand.
  • Laptop Power: An integrated AC outlet charges laptops and other devices up to 90W.
  • Phones and Tablets: Charge other USB devices at high-speed with exclusive PowerIQ technology.
  • Colossal Capacity: Get more than one charge for a 2016 MacBook, almost 7 for iPhone 7, or over 4 for Samsung S8.
  • What You Get: PowerCore AC, carry case, AC charger, 60cm Micro USB cable, welcome guide, our 18-month worry-free warranty and friendly customer service.

Dimensions and Weight: PowerCore AC measures in at 7.1 x 4.7 x 1.2 inches and 1.32 pounds.

Pricing and Availability: PowerCore AC is in stock and available to order now on Amazon US for a cost of $149.99

What are your thoughts on PowerCore AC? Does this product interest you at all? And do you think Power Delivery input on many modern laptops is making AC plugs less relevant in power banks like these today? Let us know by dropping a reply down below!

7 Likes

Personally, I have no need for it, but it’s still pretty cool. With San Diego Comic Con happening next month, I could see the PowerCore AC coming in handy for many people in attendance over the weekend. That is some serious power.

1 Like

Finally, I could use one of these. But that price point is a tad bit too high for what you get. I’m also surprised they opted for power iq1.0 instead of going for the newer 2.0. And, the lack of USB c is a big no no at this point, there are other similar products on the market that offer all types of ports so Anker should have done the same.

7 Likes

I was hoping Anker would release a product like this what a nice surprise. Thank you @AnkerOfficial for once again taking the forums suggestions. Despite this not having IQ 2.0 and type C this is a big step in the right direction.

5 Likes

Really interesting I wonder how long will it take to charge to full but the price kinda too high and might price out a lot of people.

Whoa. That looks great. Love that it comes with the case too. I could see this as being useful for power users and people who travel a lot. As far as the price point, I’m sure it’ll drop later on.

2 Likes

It says it takes three hours to fully charge I sure the price will drop to around 140$ in a few weeks.

2 Likes

I’m sure there are people who could use this but like the powerhouse it’s a bit bulky. I’m sure this won’t make it outside the US either.

It’s a shame the spec is being held back with Power IQ 1.0 and no USB C. So often their new products feel like 2 steps forward and 1 step back.

4 Likes

Or the contrary…

2 Likes

Not the answer.

AC/DC conversion is inefficient. Someone who needs to stretch battery life is better to invest in DC based charging devices and DC based powerbanks if the device cannot stretch to the demands internally.

Devices exist with long battery life, which take DC input and can use smaller and more efficient chargers and powerbanks.

Or

AC/DC conversion or just DC?

The reason AC exists is that AC is easier at a large scale to step down, so the high voltage cables over the long distances from power generation stations to domestic residences far away suffer less power loss (power loss is a function of Ampage Current). Once you are unplugged and not tied to the grid, and your cables are short, there is no sane valid reason to have anything AC with you.

1 Like

You’re paying for extra electronics, which lose energy, and so must add cooling. It is just a big set of dumb in one box. But… the person who buys it causes their own problem. Market forces.

1 Like

Hey @AnkerOfficial, when’s the new, smaller, powerhouse coming out? I heard about it around CES 2018 time, but haven’t heard much since then. Any news to share?

Edit- The PowerHouse 200, The Verge did an article about it here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16860502/anker-powerhouse-200-portable-battery-life-price-weight-ces-2018

1 Like

There are some use cases for a device like this. Non-USB-C laptops are the main one. I’ve also used the Omnicharge AC power bank to charge the batteries for my Spark drone. While it’s not efficient, there really was no other portable solution (other than charging the batteries one at a time in the drone) at the time, although I believe DJI now has a power bank multi-battery charger.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial Is it a pure sine wave inverter?

1 Like

The mention was summer, which hasn’t even technically started yet :grin: and doesn’t end until September 22, so it’s still got a few months to make an appearance, but yes, any updates from @AnkerOfficial are welcome at this point.

Perhaps the new Powerhouse will have a USC port. Which summer is almost here. Nice to have the portability for AC, however like stated version 1.0 isn’t where you want to start when 2.0 is practically the standard.

1 Like

Yes, the new PowerHouse has a PD port (for input and output)

3 Likes

Just need the release date. If this new Powerbank had 2.0, I’m sure it would sell much more. For it’s size basically says a semi truck with a gasoline engine. Yes you can haul different types of loads like charging different devices, however it’s going to be much slower and efficient.

Do you mean PowerIQ 2.0?

Yes the Power IQ, which raises another question: say you use the AC to charge you phone for example and use a 2.0 or other Anker wall charger, will this increase the output or will it be based on the unit itself? Like using a converter to increase the output.