New PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad

So less of a difference than the difference Anker claims with their new wireless chargers (10% faster).

Looks like it. I’ll do some comparisons when I pick up a 7.5 or 10 watt fast QI charger.

Is this product available for purchase? I’ve been checking Amazon for about 2 weeks and it says the product is unavailable. Also, are there recommendations for a ac adaptor to go along with the charger for a gift? Thank you.

Where do you live? Stock varies by location

Anker says they will be back in stock around the beginning of December.

As far as a charger, it shouldn’t matter too much.

So, I have a 10w QC 2.0 (CHOETECH) and an 18w QC 3 dual coil (Seneo) QI charger. 18w is definitely faster on my iphone X but still cant use phone at all while charging or it only maintains or slows battery depletion. I think the 18w may just penetrate my Karapax case better than the other one due to the dual coils and higher power.

As far as iPhone it can only charge max 5 watt max currently until update is released to 7.5w anyway.
But more importantly I’ve come to the conclusion at its current state, wireless is best used at night when in bed or when it will be idle for 15 min or more. Never for car use.

Android users may be different.

And for those that use magnet mounts in car, I was able to put my metal plate between phone and case up beside the camera lenses and still works great and doesnt affect wireless charging at home

So you say that the 18W is definitely faster than the 10W but if it only accepts 5W max… (?)

Yes. My reasoning is that the phone with a case on never receives 5w from a wireless charger at 10w. But when it pumps 18 watts with 2 coils the phone may be receiving the full 5w

7.5w charging has been turned on today with iOS 11.2

1 Like