New Powercore 20000 won't fully charge

Exactly. It certainly would not have occurred to me how to do a reset on this battery or that it was even possible. Thing is…having to do that on a brand new device doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

1 Like

I wasnt told by the rep about the 10 seconds but I know it was left in for at least that long.

I fully understand this and im sorry your having to deal with it, but do know that with any mass produced product there are bound to be some that slip through quality control or experience issues during transit that can effect the way they work. Hopefully wth ankers great customer service you wont be disuaded from the brand

1 Like

People make mistakes even customer service reps. That said such a basic troubleshooting step such as leaving the loop connected for 10 seconds should be common knowledge among said reps…

1 Like

I understand things like this can happen and generally I’ve been pretty lucky with stuff like this. As long as Customer Service takes care of it without a hassle then I’m ok with it. I really don’t expect this battery to charge up so will see what they say later today.

1 Like

At least this problem brought you to this very friendly and knowledgeable forum. We welcome any tech related questions and those questions will be answered by our variety of knowledgeable members.

2 Likes

I agree! You guys have been great, very helpful and lightning quick to respond. Many, many thanks.

1 Like

Just got of the phone with Anker after the battery still failed to charge. The Customer Rep was great and a replacement will be on the way soon. Hope I have better luck with the next one.

1 Like

You’ll soon forget about this whole ordeal. I’m highly confident you will not receive another factory defective power bank.

Does your experience dealing with Anker customer service make you confident that you will continue your relationship with them?

I am curious if they requested you send the old Power Bank back so they could take a look at the cause of the problem.

I hope you’re right about the replacement being a good one. I thought the Customer Service was flawless and as long as the battery does what I need it to do they have a long time customer for sure.

They said I didn’t need to return the defective battery.

1 Like

If you Google e-waste recycle centers you can find a local place to safely dispose of the power bank.

If it were me I would crack it open and poke around to possibly salvage parts for future use with DIY projects but I am experienced with such things and do not recommend a novice user attempt to do so. Lithium batteries are highly volatile and can cause a fire if not handled properly or the cell is punctured/damaged.

Glad you’re issue was resolved and I hope you stick around.

2 Likes

I’m certainly not going to crack the battery open. With my luck I’d burn my house down.

I’ll drop it off at a local Home Depot or Lowes. They both have bins set up in store.

We’d love a review describing your usage of the power bank/wall adapter and how they perform for you. Said review should also include a lot of pictures (the community love pictures) if you’re interested. It’s a great way to earn powerbucks that you can use towards weekly powerdraws.
https://community.anker.com/power_draw

I can tell you’re hooked to the forum/community already :grin: and I don’t blame you this is a great place to learn about anyting tech.

Honest customer feedback is Ankers lifeblood.

If i forgot to unplugged my power bank would it mess up the way it charges because it’s not charging all the through like normal