New email came out with deals from anker, it's 1 day only and us only

Ouch! Surely that’s a mistake.

After all, I thought Anker was partnering with Google!

Yeah very big mistake. Android 4.4 at that price even discounted at $449 is very sad news. And makes what you can do with the Nebula limited. I have been having problems with my Nebula with lagging bluetooth no matter what source I use, even Anker speakers. Theres about a 2 second lag so the Nebula needs improvements or an OTA update to bring it to the 21st century. That is why after finally repurchasing one I have refused to review it. I even sent an email to Anker regarding the issue and was told engineers would be notified and I never hear back. I tried several bluetooth speakers & headphones and they ALL lagged. Which is a bummer as the Nebula paired with my Bose home theater system would have been a sweet addition to my room. :unamused: so in my closet back in the box it sits, waiting to be unlocked to its full potential, maybe.

1 Like

Just make sure you don’t wait too long! The warranty is only 12 months from the original date of purchase.

If you track the prices, these are hardly discounts.

1 Like

Well there is no resolution to these issues yet and doubt there will be as these seem to be hardware issues, not only my unit. Others have the same complaints but seem to not be bothered by it as much. :confused:

1 Like

Version 3.

What I buy.

2 Likes

I’m still standing by my original thoughts, that for it’s price vs specs, I’ll wait for a future revision or a very good discount (if it makes it to the UK at all :smile: )

1 Like

I love Anker’s discounts

2 Likes

It’s in the process of being returned :joy:

So if I recall it all correctly, apart from the 1st one damaged, the 2nd one stolen, the 3rd one not working, it was a good experience?

Got this email a few days ago! :slight_smile: awesome sale

STRRRRRIKE 3! He’s OUT! What a bummer, seeing as how @cava3395 was so excited about getting it and we were living our Nebula dreams through him.

Sorry it didn’t work out for you. :frowning: We were all excited for you and was hoping for an invite for movie night :stuck_out_tongue: Would you even think about getting the new Nebula or are you over it?

I love innovation when done but if you decide to become an early adopter you are doing us all a favor who are in less of a rush, you find the bugs for us to then not have.

In my case I don’t need a small portable projector so I’m waiting as long as possible to let those who are eager to help improve the product.

Most Anker products are evolutionary, small incremental changes, Powercore, Powerport in particular, so is a low risk, but some things (like Nebula, Roav) are product version 1 so good to wait a little bit if you can.

Over this model. Waiting for the $3000 version. If it ever comes out @AnkerOfficial :unamused:

I’d wait for version 2 of the $3000 version based on your experience with the $599 Nebula :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah lol! I was planning on it! :wink:

This made me think of this years iPhones. Most Apple users just want their phones to work. iPhone 8 sells have been quite low compared to previous iPhone sales. This is leading analysts to believe (I agree) that more people are holding out for the iPhone X. After all, I don’t blame them.

BUT… I can foresee the iPhone X having the most issues as any iPhone in several years, and it probably won’t live up to the current status of hype, either. Especially when phones like the. Note8, V30, and Pixel 2 become more popular… heck, the S9 might be out by the time you’re able to get an X.

If this ends up being the case, it will be Apple’s nightmare. The supply-demand issues will only add to consumers’ level of frustration.

I’m interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Maybe Apple delayed the X until November not only due to supply issues but also simply because the product wasn’t ready (especially software-wise).

Great stuff!

Given a phone is limited by it’s use case, if you try to improve anything to have to worse something else. Increase performance you worsen battery life. Increase battery size you worsen size. Increase size you either worsen thermal efficiency or it no longer fits in your hand. As size has steadily got to 5.5" we’re bouncing around limits and compromises.

Personally I think phone has hit revolution limits and can only be evolutionary. Anyone who tries now to really innovate just will break something. When you hit revolution limits then really price should drop.

There are plenty of other products not at such a limited use case. These so can be still in a revolution phase to become much better, then you hit human limit of not knowing yet what consumers want, hence why go version 3.

Typed on my OnePlus 3T cost half iPhone. I’m off traveling again shortly with this and a 2 year old $89 4 year design Nexus 7 tablet I replaced it’s ageing battery for $10 with pry and screwdriver tools. I will drain the tablets battery during flying so my phone is charged to use in my hand moving in airport to hotel. So think use cases. The 7" screen is bigger but the device fits on the cramped table.

1 Like