[New Color] PowerPort Atom PD 2 is Now Available in Black!

Anker has just released its first wall charger with two USB Type-C ports… Take a look at PowerPort Atom PD 2!

Features & details

• The Ultimate Travel Charger - 15% smaller than a laptop stock charger; with the power to charge 2 laptops at once. 60W output delivers high-speed charging to nearly all USB-C and Lightning devices.
  • High-Speed - 2.5× faster than the 5W charger that comes with your iPhone. Charge iPhone X up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
  • Intelligent Power Allocation - Exclusive technology distributes power between devices and allows for high-speed charging up to 60W when a single device is connected.
  • Greater with GaN - By swapping out silicon for gallium nitride (GaN), we’ve created a higher efficiency charger that generates less heat, allowing our charging technology to be shrunk smaller than ever.
  • What You Get - PowerPort Atom PD 2 wall charger, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort Atom PD 2 is available to order now via Amazon.com for a cost of $54.99, and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s latest addition to the PowerPort Atom series? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

12 Likes

Looks like you’ve beat the admins to a post :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope we don’t have to wait to long for the European version (not the UK plug)

2 Likes

Yayyyyy I’m excited all of these new things and I’m so exciteddd

1 Like

I need it ! thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

That’s cool thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This would be best if it had a detachable cord similar to what you can buy for the Apple chargers. I’d pay extra for it, I just don’t know how I feel about leaving these giant brings in outlets to be pulled on :confused:

1 Like

Finally, I can replace my Google PD 45w charger !

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like

My product analysis of the Atom PD 2. Not a full review, but a dive into the details Anker has provided. Specs, size/weight/price comparison, and what combination of devices it’ll work best with.

2 Likes

YES :scream::astonished::ok_hand: Been waiting for more usb-c options from Anker

2 Likes

Over the next few days we should find out whether each port is capped at 30W when both are in use or not.

So the use of GaN is either new design or new information as only the Atom PD 1 mentioned GaN.

Makes me more interested.

But it is not actually that intelligent if the words are correct, so its either 1 60W or 2 30W? What if I had a 45W laptop and say a 10W phone, the meer connection of the 10W phone drops my total output from 60W to 40W? Dumb, hardly intelligent.

I thought about this and I’d like a higher and lower priority port. The high priority port is given right of first refusal of Wattage, and what it doesn’t want is then given the low priority port.

I’d like to test it first really as $55 (or the $40-ish it will drop to undoubtedly soon) is still a lot to ask for a charger which may not work for me, and on face value looks not that intelligent anyway.

I submitted to be a tester but as I refuse to use FB etc I expect I’ll be passed over again.

2 Likes

I also find it interesting that it’s about 3 times the size/weight of Atom PD 1…

1 Like

Really excited for this :heart:

1 Like

Indeed its almost as if its the 60W PD with an the volumes you’d expect from adding a 2nd port and otherwise no improvements. 26% worse volume per watt in Atom 2 than Atom 1.

Not much shrinkage going on.

2 Likes

Judging how few bids for it in the powerdraw

It’s not looking that popular. We’ll know who won it tomorrow night.

1 Like

@anker When can we expect this in Europe with an Type C (non-grounded) / Type F (grounded) plug (non-UK)?

1 Like

Nothing planned I guess?

1 Like

Yes, I am also waiting for a european version and to be honest its so annoying to always wait so long on the european side. On the european Anker webpages they also never update the products and you have to search in amazon for the new releases. I hope Anker doesnt forget the european market.

1 Like