New battery cases (maybe for the S8'(+))

Hi there,

i’m just interested if there are any plans of Anker to continue their line of battery cases? They have two cases for the iPhone6 line, but nothing for the newer versions and absolutely nothing for the Android followers like myself. I own the Samsung S8+ and it would be awesome to have such a case for that phone as well (as far as i know the S8 and S8+ are the most sold Android phones right now?)

Such a case exists from Mophie, but their pricing with around 100€ is a bit on the ridiculous part …

so, Anker, any plans? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be really cool

I am really appreciate your question, but we have no plan to produce battery case for Android industry. Hope you can understand.:hugging:

what a pity

Why no love for Android? The support for the iPhone is the only thing I love about it, but in the end I prefer Android all the way. Such a shame that there can be no compromise in what gets made and for which company.

1 Like

I think probably two things come into play here. Firstly iPhones whether you love or loath are (possibly :wink: ) the most widely used phones on the market (based on sales figures) so it makes sense for Anker to produce for the more popular phone and with designs rarely changing it makes production and supported design last longer. Granted Apple’s line up is getting more bloated but essentially they have stuck to roughly the same sizes between their base to S models.

Secondly, I think the issue with battery cases for Android is that the market is so fragmented (see link below for just the best ones) that how would you choose which manufacturer to produce for and how long would the design / handset be popular to justify manufacture?

Just my take…

1 Like

Good points but Android phones represent about 90% of the smart phone market. I think Anker is missing out not providing newer model extend battery cases as most phones are power hungry and few have sufficient battery’s. I would especially like to see a power case for the note 8

1 Like