New Anker Roav Dashcam - photos, manual, video reviews

so you need a time machine? Accident happens, it goes back 5 mins in time and begins recording?

Also in most situations where you’re bumped it would not be in the forward direction of the camera, the rear or sides. So really it is just for when you’re moving and you drive into something in front. i.e. its YOUR fault. So then you’d want a camera to DELETE the video as it incriminates yourself. It would not be your fault if someone drove into you which is in general from the rear.

This one runs off of usb, it would be perfect for using it with an Anker battery :slight_smile:

The manual shows it has a fairly small battery and it says “24 hour parking guard” that implies it probably will just turn on if bumped for upto 24 hours. If you did though want to leave it running all the time then just a big portable powerbank would help? A dual-socket USB cigaretter lighter can then recharge the powerbank when driving.

I keep going back to the Amazon link for the dash cam… more information on it would be awesome. I would also like to see a demo video recorded on the dash cam. There is no reviews on Amazon for it. I sooooo want this. LOL… Can I please get more information on the Roav DashCam?

The manual says a lot

Yeah, sure, make me go to the manual. LOL… I didn’t even see that when I asked for more information. Thanks. I’ll definitely check it out. But it still would be nice to see a review on it. I might just have to get one and do my own review :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey! Check out the GoRoav site for more info and even an install video. Looks like this could be a great product at a very reasonable price!

1 Like

Hope this video will guide you more!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

how long does display screen stay on while driving? Also is the battery lipo or a capacitor type. I have gone through a few G1W and G1W-C cams and liked the C (capacitor) type as it seems to hold up in heat better

According to the manual you can set the screen backlight to auto power off after either 30 or 60 sec.

bummer my current cam has up to 10 minute display shutoff

What do you guys think about the smart charger?

? Smart charger?

It’s on the Roav website, which appears to have gotten a major design overhaul since the last time I checked. I like it!

What would be really nice to know is whats up with the ROAV dashtop, and will all the ROAV devices work together with the dashtop. I seem to remember something about the ROAV dashtop working with dashcams… :wink:

1 Like

I see it. No details as yet

so then I go to login to my ROAV account and apparently they dumped all the old accounts as mine is no longer found since website redesign. My preorder information as well as referral credits seem to have vanished

Roavc1go is code for 15% off at amazon

Wow so much account information! I’m overwhelmed! :heart_eyes: