Nebula’s Handy DIY Projector Screen Guide

Claro, first the fire burn the viewer’s legs.
They will escape.

BUT then the projector will be melting. :rofl:

So there might be the next improvement : Water AND FIRE proof projector.

Its a great DIY guide for Projector Screen from Ankerofficial,

everything is ready - Audience (my family), screen, movie to watch and Its Friday… only one item is missing… need a projector now :smiley:

I did this the other day with my capsule 2. No hurricane, just a little more rain than a sprinkle but somehow ended up without power for a day. Nebula saved my netflix marathon.

1 Like

The issue I ran into the other night while camping was the bugs attracted to the light. No amount of deet or citronella candles could deter this massive horde. Unfortunately it delayed my review for the Capsule 2 because I couldn’t get decent pictures.

1 Like

Very cool guide and the nice projector!

So yeah if any one has a way to deter bugs from the screen…

@Seth_Tutera Rub dryer sheets all over your screen, mosquitos and gnats hate the scent from it and tend to stay away. Si.ilarly you can rub Citronella on the screen as it does the same but is more effective.
You could also use tiki torches to repel the bugs away from your screen or area of viewing.

1 Like

I’ll try these out next time. Citronella candles didn’t have any impact so hopefully direct application will do the trick. Thanks @Tank

1 Like

Yea I tried Citronella candles and they just attracted more bugs because of the light. But actually putting it on the screen kept them away

1 Like

That’s indeed a very frustrating problem when creating an outdoor cinema. Hope these solutions that @Tank offered would help! Let us know which one works better. :grin:

Great projectors indeed

Does anyone use Nebula Capsule by Anker?
It’s very interesting to know real opinions about it . I found in one review some cons: only 100 lumens of brightness, maximum screen size of 100 inches, iOS Airplay is buggy. But pros there’re more.

I have the Mars II and the Capsule Max so not the regular capsule. But once I unlocked developer options I was able to access the google play store and can download most apps as needed. It works much better than the regular setup as i can customize and do more.

1 Like

I have Nebula Capsule and using it regularly, the projector has 3 modes - Auto, Standard, Battery Mode. In standard mode, the brightness is a bit better than the Auto / Battery mode. However I keep it on Auto all the time, for overall better battery time during playback.

I did experience a bit of an issue with iOS Airplay but after the firmware update these are mostly resolved. Also this is not much of a issue for me since I use the installed apps, it works out well, and very flexible. We watch movies directly projected on the Living Room hall, and don’t need a separate projector screen.
Bluetooth pairing is amazing and a huge, huge upgrade for me, (for me coming from Nebula Prizm Original which does not have the BT option, and I strugled setting up the BT transmitter, finally got it done!!) conveniently pair to my Vizio Home Theater Sound System.

I would highly recommend using the default installed Plex App to project movies from home / local network (fyi – what is plex ?. Need more info, go to plex.tv)

I purchased on of those spandex screens off of Amazon. Works great and can be hooked up almost anywhere

1 Like

This potable screen looks good!